Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

[Guide] Amumu - The Sad Mummy

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Atmosfear

Recruiter

09-13-2009

Putting points into Despair is still more useful than bandage toss, which can whiff if aimed poorly. Creeping with Despair makes it infinitely easier. Amumu can solo the dragon better than most heroes in the game I would say.

Bean

09-14-2009

I put one point into Despair so I can kill the Golem early in the game and grab its rune. But I focus my skill leveling on Tantrum and Bandage because they will be your bread and butter in wrecking heroes and/or creep.

Also, I think Sunfire Cape has lost its appeal in the advent of the new mechanics of Tantrum. Now, I find two Rod of Ages go a long way to the ownages of Bandage, Tantrum, Despair, AND his ult. From there I would move on to straight tanking/ap items.

Stylebane xD

01-27-2010

Did any1 ever consider getting sorc boots, since sunfire damage is magic damage? Can some reply telling me how viable this is?

Naesala

01-27-2010

Quote:
Relapse xD:
Did any1 ever consider getting sorc boots, since sunfire damage is magic damage? Can some reply telling me how viable this is?

well if you want to know, why don't you try to hit a normal dps champ and then buy sorc boots. It's hard to have any use of the sorc boots effect since a normal dps would have near no mr at all, that's why you want more survivability.

laundrymonster

02-10-2010

Quote:
Relapse xD:

Aye, it seems like a good idea. But, just thinking about it kinda foils the fun from it. Logically it would be inefficient to buy boots solely for two items that you may or may not have the ability to get the max opportunity to use. If you're playing AP and want bandage/tantrum to rip holes then yes, I would get the sorc boots. But the tabai is too good to pass up on tanks. You dodge like no one's business with NT and nimbleness. But, being the sport I am, I will try it out in a practice game. From current thoughts, it would make you creep like a monster and jungle like a truck on fire with lightning.

Great guide sir. Excellent. Just went 7/6/21. That's a stupid amount of assists for me, and I play support Janna. Excellent job.

As for despair, it's too good of a move to save for later game. I mean, I was cleaning up after my fiddle with despair. It destroys tanks, nothing really blocks it to any extent and it makes you jungle like a beast!

mabinay

02-10-2010

i use 3 capes not 2....... and i put despair at 8......or sometimes 13..... it depends on the type of enemy....

BesQ

02-26-2010

This guide fails. No sunfire capes!

Laban

04-25-2010

I say god****! just had an epic game playing Amumu. We were about to loose around 30 minutes played. I flew into the team battle with two of my sunfire capes, popped my ulti and got a quadraple kill!!
We won the game later on i had 4500 hp, me likey Amumu!

OctopusDropkick

04-25-2010

A reminder for people, Rylai's staff gives you a lot of HP. It also gives you AP. Mumu is very AP focused. It finally will also turn his despair into a slowing AOE aura. This is important as it gives you even more CC in an attempt to control the flow of a fight.

Kritara

04-25-2010

Ryjal's Staff only slows the initial tick of Despair, after that it doesn't do anything but give extra AP. You have to turn despair off and back on to get the reslowing tick.

Also Amumu is not inferor to Ramsus in any way, shape, or form. He's just a different kind of tanking hero. Ramsus can taunt one target, GREAT!. Amumu can Snare(and come patch Stun) 5 targets, BETTER!. The key to Amumu is his good AoE damage, yes he's squishier then Ramsus, but if you build Amumu with Sunfire Capes, he's got armor/health vs physical damage, and health vs magic damage. Plus a good deal of aoe damage every second with Sunfire Capes plus despair, with Tantrum bust damage tossed in.