Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

[Guide] Amumu - The Sad Mummy

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Vacant

08-17-2009

Quote:
Stay Crunchy:
I carried you

Uh no.

Pkdor999

08-19-2009

When you can, get Amumu to an Elder Golem Camp, he can take it out with no problem and the Elder Golem Aura just rock on Amumu.

Windzy

08-19-2009

I totally agree the mana buff is AMAZING

VOODOOMOOSE

08-26-2009

Thanks for the guide, mate. Just went 10/1/8. Didn't realize how awesome Sunfire Capes are (mostly because I didn't know that item was in the game).

James Pringles

08-29-2009

Thanks for the guide! Didn't realize that Sunfire Capes stack.

I like the item progression, though most games so far I never finished the item after 2x Sunfire, it's usually gg.

Domoe

08-29-2009

Followed this guide but went Warmog's before Sunfire Capes and went 10/0/3 and ended the game before I could finnish my first cape xD. Was the only lvl 18 while everyone else was lvl 13 or less. Love this hero.

Phyrose

Recruiter

08-29-2009

very tankish, i used the guide i got 5-1-20 with this hero

deadpenguins

08-29-2009

i personally LOVE amumu, my friends make fun of me for picking the depressed mummy, but you are often underestimated as him (a least for a bit till you rape their face). When i first started playing him i leveled despair over bandage (i kept bandage at rank 1), but if you really think about it, despair is essentially worthless until late game because at that point you can actually stay in fights longer, making it more useful. As soon as i realized this i leveled tantrum and bandage, ignoring despair entirely unless it was my only option. This method was extremely effective, because the damage of bandage toss is KEY if they try to get away.. don't you want to hit them for as hard as you can if they run?

The items i buy (in order) are generally:
regrowth pendant ---> philosopher's stone
Boots/Cloth armor ---> ninja tabai
giant's belt (w.e its called) ---> warmong's
giant's belt ---> sunfire cape
chain armor --> guardian angel
Then at this point ill either go another sunfire or warmong's.. i personally tend to like warmong's more (the more health u have, the more effective guardian angel is). If there were a lot of casters, i would probably opt out of warmong's for some type of magic resist gear.

My idea with this method is that i can take a gross amount of hits, so more tantrums.

I also think teleport is key, as previously stated above, because you can teleport into creep battles and make yourself a good 300-400 gold instantly. I usually use ghost as my second, because late game you can just run along side of them, letting despair rip them apart, and when it fades you can ulti, then bandage if they start to escape.

I'm not shutting down your guide as it helped me a lot in my item build, but my method personally works the best for me because i like scoring kills (plus bandage is just so much fun to use).

mAdaL

09-01-2009

Nice guide, but I prefer maxing out tantrum and bandage toss.. Despair really is effective only in late game and bandage toss is a good nuke it's not only "blink" that manners but also damage is very usefull.. And I think you have to get Smite as one of your Summoner skills because it helps farming a lot and Amumu really needs to farm

Windzy

09-01-2009

The best part about amumu is you can play him multiple different ways. You can create a killer or as my guide suggests you can create a tank/support champion its all in how you play the game