Promote = OP

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

exrcpn

12-08-2009

I just lost to a premade using 3 promotes. Starting at lvl 4/5, they pushed mid with 3 promotes, eliminating all our turrets and inhibitor with a single push at level 6. Then they took advantage of eliminating our inhibitor at 11/12 minutes into the game and pushed other lanes once promotes recharged... I mean, seriously? None of our champs fed or were terrible players either. Please nerf promote or at least don't allow for more than 1 on a single team.

Arafel

Friend of Urf

12-08-2009

Promote's getting taken out soon until they can rework it.

EchoRex

12-08-2009

Here's how you beat that:

Teamwork, if you use it, they can't push the second tower.

Belanova

12-08-2009

Joined a random game with a friend. The team hadn't died, infact they all got an early kill. We were Teemo, Rammus, Ryze, Katarina, and Blitzcrank.

They were Taric, Alistar, Mundo, Singed, and Sion. All had Promote and Teleport, except one, Mundo had Promote+Rally. Mundo was mid with me, Teemo. I had him backed up, but then Sion came from the brush. I ran back to the turret untouched, and pinged mid. Then Taric came, they pushed to turret and I pinged furiously. Blitz came, to help, but all 5 of them were there and had every minion promoted. My team never left their lane, and I called them on it. They took the 2nd turret, finally my team recalled. It was too late though, they took the base turret, then the 5 promoted minions killed 3 of our guys. The level 4-5 enemies came and took our inhib, sat and then let the super minions kill our guys easy. The game was over in ~15 minutes.

EchoRex

12-08-2009

I really can't imagine a way that happened, what abilities did your team take?

Zirun

12-08-2009

Promote is only OP against teams with little or no coordination and/or little or no AoE.

A decent team, even of solo queuers, should have enough of both to counter it.

If you don't, how were you planning on winning against non-promote teams?

Belanova

12-08-2009

I had heal and tele, everyone else had random things. Ghost, exhaust, cleanse, etc.

Shizz

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-08-2009

If it makes you guys feel any better, Zileas posted saying that they're removing promote and reworking it.

Zeta

12-08-2009

I thought it was uncounterable till I discovered DPS + Madred's Razor = dead promote and lots of feeding.

I smoked a 5-man Promote team pretty much by myself as Tristana with Madred's.