Looking for a certain champion

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Senior Recruiter

11-11-2010

SO i'm new and have only played two games, and tried about 4 champions though, the other two was from a pratice and an incomplete game.

After trying the last games though I like a character that can jump into the fray , do aoe damage, take dmg, and reflect it. I was doing that with rammus, ran in, did defense curl + tremor and had thornmail+ something called sunfire cape. and it would destroy melee dps.

But my question is, is there other champions that play in a similar fashion? Rammus' look doesn't really catch my attention (besides the king koopa one which i found funny)

terembura

11-11-2010

The only champion with a reflect mechanism is Rammus. The other things by the way fits almost every tank.

OmniOmega

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-11-2010

I can't think of any champions that reflect damage other than Rammus off the top of my head.

However, it sounds like you are looking for a tankier chamion, who does AoE damage, possibly initiates, and shuts down physical carries.

Amumu comes to mind, one single target skillshot stun/pull (yourself to the enemy), one AoE stun+damage, one toggled AoE damage, and one activated AoE damage ability.

Malphite also comes to mind. One ability passively allows his auto attacks to splash (actively increases armor and damage). One deals damage and steals speed from a unit. One is an AoE damage+attack speed debuff. Final one is a charge+AoE damage/knockup.

Another champ is Nasus. His ult does an insane amount of AoE magic damage. His w slows both the move and attack speed of an enemy champion. His e does AoE damage and offers an armor debuff. His q hits like a truck if you farm it properly.

Those are three that I can think of off the top of my head. Malphite is considered by most to be underwhelming, and Nasus is very rarely seen (at least from my experience). Amumu is used all the time though.

Hope this helps.

Stillhart

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-11-2010

Garen specializes in sunfire capes and getting in people's faces.

terembura

11-11-2010

You would also enjoy Galio I guess. He's ultimate ability taunts every champion around him, and after a few seconds blow back the damage he received before. Very similar to the reflect mechanism.

Keith Witcher

11-12-2010

Mordekaiser has some good survivability if played right. His abilities are essentially free (the health cost is so low it never matters specially for a tank) and their all capable of AOE except his ult which can turn around a team fight surprisingly fast.

Though he can't really pursue enemies or lock them down without the right items like rammus can (with the taunt) so morde's good if you want to live and want to push lanes, not if you want to chase champs down and kill them.

PunchGroin

11-12-2010

You might wanna give Olaf a shot too. His passive gives him attack speed as his hp decreases, and his ult makes him an unstoppable killing machine (literally!)

There are only a handful of champs that can dish out great damage and take it too. You might like Pantheon too. He's got a great defensive passive, and awesome physical burst, with an ult that literally lets him jump into the fray from anywhere on the map. Panth is a pretty divisive hero though, some people adore him and some people despise him.

Olaf is a useful character to pick up for another reason, at level 30 - games usually run with 1 jungler, and being good with one really pays off if you want to build your elo up. Olaf is one of the best junglers in the game. (Along with Warwick and Udyr)

nyttyn

11-12-2010

Garen(SPIN2WIN!) just runs in, endures, and spins TWOOO WINNN! But seriously, garens a pretty good choice. 2.5 second silence, spin aoe(based around him) that deals heavy damage early game and, after you've gotten 3 sunfires, respectable damage late game. ONLY build him 1 boots of swiftness and 5 sunfire capes though. That's pretty much the best way if you want a undying blender of doom.

Mordekaiser has some aoe(his shipon of destruction and mace of spades) and is really hard to kill, with a weak PBaoE(Point blank area of effect) on anly ally target or yourself. Also, his ult makes him just insane if he gets a carry with it.

Finally, nasus has some weak AoE in his spirit fire skill and a EXCELENT AoE in his ult, which also steriodbuffs him. Shipon strike helps you pratice last hitting, and wither is a nice big BLEEP you to their carry.

crusinn

11-12-2010

Sounds like Galio. I believe he's the only other champ who reflects damage in that fashion.