Rune Page Help !

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Muved

11-11-2010

Hey LoLers! I'll soon be Lv. 20 and be able to buy Tier 3 Runes and since I don't want to spend all my IP on Runes I would like to have a Rune Page that would be good with all my Champions.
The Champs I master are:
Main main : Dr. Mundo, Tryndamere and Akali
Second main : Garen, Master Yi and Evelynn

I'm mainly playing 3 vs 3 and I'm only playing 5 vs 5 with friends (Skype).
My builds are similar on 3 vs 3 and 5 vs 5. If you want I can tell you my builds.

Thx! IGN: Muved

XDisturbedX

11-11-2010

Throughout all my experience in league of legends I’ve never heard of a rune page being compatible with every hero. All 4 of my rune pages consist runes which best suit the champion’s main skill (i.e dps, tank, mage, support.)

I would recommend building a rune page dedicated to a target group of champions. This will insure you get full potential out of your rune page. Granted it limits the heroes you can play however this will allow for a better game, thus winning more often and opening the doors to more selective runepages.

I.p points are hard earned do not spend them on a half fast rune page that is hardly worth the time and effort. Also I’d recommend buying the 3 rune page bundle once you have the ability to fill it while making sure you keep a target group in mind while composing your rune page. A chunk of your power’s in game come from the pre-game Champion selection panel.

Muved

11-11-2010

Compatible with every hero? Mundo, Trynd and Akali... There's ''main'' Rune right? Red: AD, Yellow: HP, Blue: AP for example.
Mundo is an Off-Tank, Trynd DPS and Akali Hybrid. So all this Champions need offensive Runes. Which one would be the best to generally fit every of this Champions?
I think every Champions needs life.. Let's say I take HP defencive Runes.
Akali is my only Magic Champion. Should I get ''main'' magic Rune like AP or take secondary Rune would be better to fit Mundo and Trynd. Does it really worth it to take 9 Glyph CC for Trynd that gives 0.28% if I can get 1 AP with Glyph and that Mark CC gives 0.93%?

Having Runes for a target group champion is a good Idea too but.. My first Rune page will be long to do and I like to master new Champions. That's why I would like a Rune page that would be OK for my main Champs.
Also, let say I get AD, HP and AP. When I'll begin to do all my Rune pages I'll have AD for my DPS, HP for my Tanks and AP for my Mages.

Thank you for your answer!

EDIT: Sorry for the mistakes English is not my first language... Shout out to French LoLers!

Crobot

11-11-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muved View Post
Compatible with every hero? Mundo, Trynd and Akali... There's ''main'' Rune right? Red: AD, Yellow: HP, Blue: AP for example.
Mundo is an Off-Tank, Trynd DPS and Akali Hybrid. So all this Champions need offensive Runes. Which one would be the best to generally fit every of this Champions?
I think every Champions needs life.. Let's say I take HP defencive Runes.
Akali is my only Magic Champion. Should I get ''main'' magic Rune like AP or take secondary Rune would be better to fit Mundo and Trynd. Does it really worth it to take 9 Glyph CC for Trynd that gives 0.28% if I can get 1 AP with Glyph and that Mark CC gives 0.93%?

Having Runes for a target group champion is a good Idea too but.. My first Rune page will be long to do and I like to master new Champions. That's why I would like a Rune page that would be OK for my main Champs.
Also, let say I get AD, HP and AP. When I'll begin to do all my Rune pages I'll have AD for my DPS, HP for my Tanks and AP for my Mages.

Thank you for your answer!

EDIT: Sorry for the mistakes English is not my first language... Shout out to French LoLers!

I can't really put out exact recommendations for certain champions, but I will give you a broad idea of what rune set ups are generally considered the best.

For red runes, you almost always want to go with Penetration. It's a really overlooked stat but it gives a lot of champions the boost they need early game. Armor Penetration for physical damage based champions like Mundo and Trynd, and Magic Penetration for champions who deal in a lot of magic damage like Akali.

For yellow runes there are generally several choices, and it usually comes down to preference.
1. Flat HP/armor/magic resistance
2. Dodge chance
3. Mana regen
These are the things yellow runes are very good at providing, and whoever you want you use, they are generally useful. But for your mains, obviously, mana regen wouldn't be a viable choice.

For Blues, I recommend cooldown reduction, but blue can generally go any way you like.

For Quintessences, Flat HP and Movement Speed are generally considered the most beneficial over all.

As a general rule, don't go straight for runes you think will boost your champion's strengths (unless their strengths are REALLY GOOD), go for runes to cover their weaknesses.
For instance: champions never have inherent Ar/M penetration, which is why penetration runes are so popular.

Muved

11-12-2010

Wow thanks dude
Really helpful post! I will probably take Armor penetration because I heard many times they were the best. But I just have a question..
Since Akali needs to have 10 damage to get her passive's Spell vamp should I get 4-5 AD Runes + Doran's Blade to have this 10 damages and then complete with Armor penetration?

So the Rune page I'll maybe get is 9 Amor pen, 9 HP, 9 AP and maybe HP Quints. Do you guys think this would be good for my mains?

SomniumProxy

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-12-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muved View Post
Wow thanks dude
Really helpful post! I will probably take Armor penetration because I heard many times they were the best. But I just have a question..
Since Akali needs to have 10 damage to get her passive's Spell vamp should I get 4-5 AD Runes + Doran's Blade to have this 10 damages and then complete with Armor penetration?

So the Rune page I'll maybe get is 9 Amor pen, 9 HP, 9 AP and maybe HP Quints. Do you guys think this would be good for my mains?
You only need 1 quint (and it doesn't have to be T3 too). Doran's blade + dmg masteries give 9, so you only need anything over 1 damage to proc it. I personally play Akali as a hybrid, so aside from the AD quint the rest is in magic pen + AP/level.

But that is very Akali specific. If you plan to play many DPS champs, you can invest in the armor pen ^^