warwick and items????

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

frozenshade

12-08-2009

so what items to most ppl get as warwick? is it really just the recomanded items? im pretty new to playing him and im trying to figure him out because i think i want him on my 3s team. can i get some feed back about him from someone that knows him well? thank you

Bait

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-08-2009

it's never the recommended items. depends on what you want to do. you shouldn't use warwick until your summoner level is fairly high because warwick depends on runes for better jungling.

late game, there's basically 2 valid path:
1. bloodrazors + boost = good vs baron
2. black cleaver + defensive items for ganking.

GrimGriz

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

12-08-2009

I start with cloth armor and a heal potion and a mana potion.

When I get to 700 gold, I grab the razor.

Next I get a pair of boots (just the basic movement ones).

Then the vampire thing (1st recommended slot)

After that, I either upgrade the boots or upgrade the vampire thing to malady, depending on how much $$$ i happen to have when I'm at the shop.

If the enemies have high HP, I upgrade the razor next, but I've been toying with the sash/cleanser thing.

frozenshade

12-08-2009

so i was looking at the list. what about this order for warwick.

first get boots , then get bloodrazor , then get executions calling , then black cleaver.
how does that order sound? im tryin to figure out what items to get after bloodrazor

Ydriel

12-08-2009

For Jungling Warwick (which works wonderfully well in 3s, though I gotta try him more xD) is Cloth Armor, 2 HP pots and 2 Mana pots, then work on razor, boots, Vampiric Scepter, then either finish Bloodthirster or Bloodrazor. Personally, I prefer to finish Bloodrazor, your ult becomes a killer, especially paired with Dragon's buff.

After bloodrazor, you can get a phage (might eventually turn it into a mallet), black cleaver...That's as far as I've went item build wise. Most games don't last that long.

wildfire393

12-08-2009

Warwick is exceptionally good with items that do on-hit effects, especially those that stack over multiple hits (Malady, Black Cleaver) or those that trigger individually on each hit (Wit's End, Madred's Bloodrazor). This is because most of the time you will be fighting neutral creeps, which mostly just sit there and let you ream them. And when you're not reaming creeps, you're generally sneaking out of the jungle to gank an enemy with your ult, which triggers 6 hits in a short sequence. If your opponent has full Malady and Cleaver stacks at the end of that, plus Wit's end and Bloodrazor Damage on each hit, odds are they aren't walking away from that one. Frozen Mallet/Phage is also not a bad choice for the slow to make sure you get the job done (though odds are they can't escape with your Blood Scent going anyways)

frozenshade

12-08-2009

thats some good info thank you. what about runes? what does everyone think the best ones are for him? i was thinking of some attack speed / attack damage / and armor runes. i guess it really depends what i wanna do with him, also why do ppl say hes a bad char? ive played him a couple times and i think he seems to be fine. nothing OP but just solid. any reason to why hes bad?

Chutzpahnaught

Recruiter

12-08-2009

the biggest problem with warwick is how easy it is to nullify his ultimate...with him just sitting there attacking air.

wildfire393

12-08-2009

Yes, if you're facing down Pirate or someone with cleanse or a Quicksilver sash, try to get an ally in lane to bait them into using their cleanse, then pop your ult for the kill.

Canis

12-09-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by frozenshade View Post
so what items to most ppl get as warwick? is it really just the recomanded items? im pretty new to playing him and im trying to figure him out because i think i want him on my 3s team. can i get some feed back about him from someone that knows him well? thank you
I am going to make your life really really easy:

http://www.xfire.com/profile/cowsgoquack/

I am posting videos of jungle warwick for players to learn how to play it. Items that currently are destroying people:

(here's the list step by step)

Cloth Armor and x3 health potions
Madred's Razor
Boots of speed (run speed 1)
Run speed 2 boots of some kind... go for Merc treads if they are a lot of snare/stuns, otherwise go for zerker's treads for extra speed.

Splits off here between cookie cutter and experimental (which is working)

COOKIE CUTTER:
Vampiric Scepter
Finnish Bloodthirster
Phage
Frozen Mallet
Infinity Edge
-------------
Game ends there basically.

EXPERIMENTAL:
Vampiric Scepter
Malady (This thing is AMAZING)
Last Whisper
Madred's Bloodrazor
Frozen Mallet

I have yet to finnish the mallet games are ending too fast. By the end of the experimental build my attack speed is so quick the animation is barley able to be seen.