Which Thornmail do you like more?

Option 1 listed below. 5 41.67%
Option 2 listed below. 4 33.33%
Perfect as it is. 3 25.00%
Voters: 12. You may not vote on this poll

[Change Item] Thornmail - Use "Block" instead of "Armor"

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Goldenpineapple

12-13-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by I8C SRS FACE View Post
The highest any other lifesteal item does is 20%. Exactly what Thornmail returns to the attacker, go figure.
Except you're ignoring the defenses of both yourself and your opponent. Both effect the numbers.
Quote:
Originally Posted by I8C SRS FACE
I can't think of a single character that's going to get more than one lifesteal item.
Players stack bloodrazors all the time. Sure it isn't exactly a consistently viable strat, but it happens.

KingsRight

12-13-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by sycsadist View Post
, but thats it. thornmail is as good as it is.

Well, if it's soooo awsome, why does nobody buy it? If you do, that's how we spot you are noob and kill you. or at least that/s what i do.

sycsadist

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-14-2009

thornmail is situational, i get it sometimes, and i see some get it as well. sometimes the pre items are the deal, and thornamail recipe is to clench the build. a slight buff would be nice, but its good that way that it is, not great(sadly).

sycsadist

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-14-2009

ive got a 4th option? keep everything but reduce the % to 15 but.. it increase based on a calculation of the champ level AND/OR summoner level.. just a thought, or increases in % from the attacking champs level, just a thought, but ... yah..

EchoRex

12-15-2009

It already scales based upon the level of incoming damage you are receiving, why make it scale twice?

Not a bash, or flame, just curiosity to see what else that idea has behind it.

Monnok

12-15-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goldenpineapple View Post
Players stack bloodthirsters all the time. Sure it isn't exactly a consistently viable strat, but it happens.
Fixed since bloodrazors dont stack anymore.

There are plenty of items that are very situational and rarely used. Thornmail is one of them, but you may be better off suggesting a NEW item designed for a caster's damage mitigation, since you seem to want to not use the armor stat. Thing is, this is a tank item. It has high armor to help you understand that. If you want to make a sub-2000g armor item into something that scales for AP instead and gives the same mitigation a tank has to invest over 4000 gold to get, I want to change Deathfire Grasp to scale with armor instead of AP and grant +25% spell damage mitigation...

Point is, armor stat is fine and balanced. Mages can stack it as well. Thornmail, as is, is fine. Sure its less used, doesnt mean it needs to be completely redesigned.

Goldenpineapple

12-19-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monnok View Post
doesnt mean it needs to be completely redesigned.
Only OP is suggesting that; I'm suggesting a combine item, something thornmail can build into. I'm sure people love wasting an item slot, and this is exactly what that does.