Client Side Interface -- Customizable in game widgets

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Sammm

11-10-2010

Feedback: I feel the current ingame HUD is lacking customization, which can sometimes detract from playing the game. I feel that a games controls and interface should feel as natural and non-intrusive as possible.

I would like to have the ability to have a bit more client side customization on the interface while playing in game.

I think the ability to remove, hide, move, and resize parts of the interface (rather than it being a solid block on the bottom) would give me more space for the actual game. For example, I would like to be able to hide the portrait and have all of the other functional parts of the interface be individual widgets that I can do what I want with.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Since this is my first suggestion for a more customizable client side interface, I thought I would get all of that out of the way.

Additional Widgets:
In Game Timer
One widget I would like to see is the ability to add in game countdown timers to my interface, simple timers with a label, and some start/reset button. I would like to be able to tie the reset/start to a hotkey (number pad, most likely), and have them make a sound when they hit zero. I currently use a real timer for this purpose.

This would allow me to easily remind myself when an enemy champion is about to respawn, so I could call MIA if they don't show up promptly in the lane.

This would also make it easier to maintain control of the dragon/baron during games. By resetting the appropriate timer when they are killed.

Scriptable buttons/hotkeys
Many games have a mini macro/scripting system that lets you make customized buttons or hotkeys to do some basic things.

Examples of this are (A script to...):
...buy a certain item,or a certain list of items in order
...cast a certain string of spells (might not be best for LoL)
...say certain chat (could be abused in an annoying fashion)
...activate a list of active ability items
...do certain things with *wait* clauses in between them
...a script to play a custom sound when a certain event happens (monster reappears on the minimap, for example)

Not saying that scripts are the best for this game, and this isnt too high of a priority in my opinion, but I do think more customizable widgets would add a lot to the game. I don't have too many specific ideas, but I thought I would toss the idea out there and see what other players could come up with.

If anyone has any ideas for helpful in game widgets, please post!

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Chinook700

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-11-2010

Anything that actually affects your charactor in game gives you an unfair advantage. I feel like an actually customizable HUD would be better were you could design your HUD layout pregame time.

And have what you were talking about, for communication purposes only though.