A New Champion Approaches: Irelia, the Will of the Blades

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Deus Tenebris

11-11-2010

u guys should really include price of the champ would help out alot

BuddhazBounty

11-11-2010

once again gj concept artists but the final product looks like ****

Miiu

Adjudicator

11-11-2010

I agree with the majority of uproar in terms of design. People where complaining about her breast/waist proportions not the overall look :/

Spearchucking

11-11-2010

I hope her skins aren't a huge letdown. *cough*wicked LeBlanc*cough*

Velve

11-11-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaahlan View Post
I was bored, so this is 'my' version of Irelia. I just fixed some things that I thought looked disproportionate (head, hand, and yes, the torso). Messed with the colors and changed her hair a bit to be more like the first piece of concept art. Also changed her little smirk. Personally I liked the green/blue better, but I still think the small changes are interesting even if I hadn't changed the colors at all. This was a very quick mess around.

I'm going to get banned for thinking I'm better at this then the Riot artists, aren't I?
Instantly, you have made her a dozen times better. I still liked the almost-floating, graceful stance of the concept art, but you truly made the hero look so much closer very skilfully. We can only hope they will, at the very least, make her appear more like your vision.

She still looks like a child, but that is not really something you can change with a few tweeks.

xPeiNn

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-11-2010

http://www.leagueoflegends.com/board...=337527&page=3 People vote we need ur votes !!!!

Erronius

11-11-2010

Wow, new art/model looks like a freaking doll/child. NOT fitting into what her role suggests at ALL. What the heck riot? You trying to appeal to a younger audience now? Far too late for that, toss this garbage art for the old stuff for crying out loud.

11-11-2010

Just looking at the skills, crystal ball says there will be a lot of QQ threads on release.

Have to throw in with all the people complaining about the design too, the concept had some weird proportions but was orders of magnitude better than this.

Sintricate

11-11-2010

Dunno if anyone's already cracked a joke about this, but here goes.

That may have been the most useful Soraka's ever been.

Kaahlan

Recruiter

11-11-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Velve View Post
Instantly, you have made her a dozen times better. I still liked the almost-floating, graceful stance of the concept art, but you truly made the hero look so much closer very skilfully. We can only hope they will, at the very least, make her appear more like your vision.
Woot thanks, I'm glad I at least did it somewhat of a justice.