Why do people get Malady?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ydriel

12-08-2009

I tend to prefer Stark's over Malady, but if someone else is getting it, Malady is a good option too. So far though, I only regularly get it for Trist and Twitch. Then again, I'm not a high Elo player xP

AIM7Sparrow

12-08-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bait View Post
giving away your presence isn't a big deal. you don't give it away until you're well into firing range anyway.
disagree. positioning does not equal simply getting in range. and you don't get to control where your opponents go either so it's more complicated than simply getting in firing range. not to mention opponents are spread out so chances are one of them will see it before you want them to. >.<

Bait

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

12-08-2009

positioning with twitch isn't as important as all the buffs starks gives. top tier is focused on gank. one twitch going in first makes little difference.

usually, if people see twitch's aura, it's too late and they die anyway.

hence, giving away position isn't a big deal.

AIM7Sparrow

12-08-2009

ok fair enough, as long as he's the last one on the scene. obviously if the twitch is sitting there waiting around for the rest of his team to show up then you have a problem.

wildfire393

12-08-2009

It's also worth noting that ANYONE with Stark's can accidentally give away their presence if they are trying to hide in bushes or in the jungle. Very observant players can take advantage of the fact that it applies a negative AOE aura to penalize other players for taking it.

The Senate

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

12-08-2009

That's not a good enough reason to take Malady over Stark's. For 700 more gold, your whole team benefits from the money you spent. Sounds fair enough to me.

wildfire393

12-08-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Senate View Post
That's not a good enough reason to take Malady over Stark's. For 700 more gold, your whole team benefits from the money you spent. Sounds fair enough to me.
The whole team benefits from Stark's, assuming you're on someone with the attack speed to nicely distribute it over the opponent's team. Every time any champion hits a Malady'd champion, that champion takes the bonus true damage.

The Senate

Recruiter

12-08-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildfire393 View Post
The whole team benefits from Stark's, assuming you're on someone with the attack speed to nicely distribute it over the opponent's team. Every time any champion hits a Malady'd champion, that champion takes the bonus true damage.
Health regen.

Rezialn

12-08-2009

Malady is cheaper.

Eungomi

12-08-2009

Malady is quite easy to get early and it can help you farm, get a kill, sustain a line longer while still offering Atk.S and lifesteal to help you endgame. It's debuff is also helpful in team fights where you should always be focus firing.