What should the time penalty for leaving during Champion select be?

3 minutes the first time then 15 minutes the second time 450 35.89%
0 minutes then the first time then 10 minutes the second time 538 42.90%
7 minutes every time 266 21.21%
Voters: 1254. You may not vote on this poll

Champion select leaving

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Fiver

12-08-2009

As for the Udyr comment, if you are going to learn a new hero, do so in a practice game, not one against people of a similar ELO.

ihatehumans

Adjudicator

12-08-2009

Before you do this you NEED to add something to deal with AFK team mates. Please OH GOD PLEASE make it so that you HAVE to select a champion before the end of the counter or automatically receive the 'leave' or else it's gonna SUCK!

kijik

12-08-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearhugs View Post
I support the harshest penalty possible. If one leaver wastes 3 minutes of time- he is really wasting 3 X 9 minutes because everyone involved feels the pain.
+1

Daazku

12-08-2009

I think the easiest and simple method if to do an incremental time penalities before you can join another game if you leave at champion select.

The reset should be something like 24h.

It should be something like that: (Penelities could be greater)

1. 0 min
  2. 20 min
  3. 40 min
  4. 1 h
  5. 1 h 30
  6. 2 h 30
  7. etc.
Why?

First: You could have good reason to leave. A friend just connected and you prefer playing with him. You know that one guys in your list is a &!#?#$% ******. You're playing with a team that have UDYR + HEIMER.

Yeah it's not cool when someone leave it's not THAT bad.

The first time is 0 min cause i think that we should have the "right" to leave one time per day as a free action without penalities for the above reason or maybe better reason.

Second: Implementing an ignore system to avoid people is #$@ a bad idea imo because we can add anyone for anything. Hes too good! Igore list. Hes too dumb ignore list. He play Kat and i don't like playing with Kat, Ignore list. Filters are not really good in that kind of game.

But that just my opinion and i don't know if riot could take that as an alternative.

I voted always 7 mins cause anyway i'm proud to have 0 leave and i will continue to keep it at 0 so i will not leave at champselect. I leaved at champ select only 5 time on 200+ game. We should penalize those who leave often not those who leave one time per 40 games...

Pieceofcandy

12-08-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daazku View Post
  1. 0 min
  2. 20 min
  3. 40 min
  4. 1 h
  5. 1 h 30
  6. 2 h 30
  7. etc.
Why?

Cool formating bro.

Fiver

12-08-2009

If you had seen a previous thread, I had suggested making the "ignore" list to be size X, where X = Number of games played/20. I figure that one person in 20 games might be reasonable enough. Allowing unlimited bans is foolish, so keeping it limited might make sense.

Also, I don't agree with "A friend just connected and you prefer playing with him". Bite the bullet and play with others.

UrQuan

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-08-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by ihatehumans View Post
Before you do this you NEED to add something to deal with AFK team mates. Please OH GOD PLEASE make it so that you HAVE to select a champion before the end of the counter or automatically receive the 'leave' or else it's gonna SUCK!
This.

Also, I picked the 2nd option because there are legitimate reasons for leaving sometimes, i.e. noone picks a tank, someone is afk, etc etc. The delay to join the next game should be exponential though

Twisted

12-08-2009

I went with 3 minutes the first time then 15 minutes the second time

If a buddy gets on I want to play with or someone is on my personal ban list I would be willing to wait 3 minutes for that. The 15 makes sure they cant just keep dropping for the 3 minute timer.

Daium

12-08-2009

I really think there you should addresse other problems before taking on this one. Having people MM consider your ignore list would already reduce part of the champ select leaving. And having the leave count actually do something is far more urgent imo.

The way im seeing this is that your working on penalizing people who leave before the game instead of people who leave during the game (or are afk). The later being far more annoying.

Once that is fixed then you can work on people who leave during champ select.

As for people who leave because of the hero choices of their allies... any team can beat any team. Its the players that make the difference, not the heroes. Play the game.

Daazku

12-08-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pieceofcandy View Post
Cool formating bro.
Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiver
If you had seen a previous thread, I had suggested making the "ignore" list to be size X, where X = Number of games played/20. I figure that one person in 20 games might be reasonable enough. Allowing unlimited bans is foolish, so keeping it limited might make sense.

Also, I don't agree with "A friend just connected and you prefer playing with him". Bite the bullet and play with others.
Bah restricted ignore list is a partial filter so you can't avoid all the @$@$% that are playing.
Neway we don't know hoe RIOT want to implement this exactly.