What should the time penalty for leaving during Champion select be?

3 minutes the first time then 15 minutes the second time 450 35.91%
0 minutes then the first time then 10 minutes the second time 537 42.86%
7 minutes every time 266 21.23%
Voters: 1253. You may not vote on this poll

Champion select leaving

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Hargam

12-08-2009

How about adding something other than blind pick mode. What about fixing champions so you don't have to leave when someone picks heimer or udyr. pretty please!

threelite

12-08-2009

I used to hate when people left during the champion select, but when I see someone on my team picks Udyr, I leave, because that's a guaranteed loss.

Lerrem

12-08-2009

I voted 3 then 15, although I would prefer a 5-10-15 type of option that increasingly punished players who do it more often.

Does Riot plan to introduce something into the matchmaking to group leavers together along with this change? I'm just curious how strong of a penalty the "leave" will be, which would impact what I think of the lockout period. If the leave continues to mean nothing but a negative mark on your profile then I think the timer should be large to discourage that player from doing it consistantly. But if your going to filter out leavers then I say no time limit is required. Let the people who do it every second game do it, rack up their leaves, and get them out of the same matchmaking raiting as me.

Elad

12-08-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pendragon View Post
We're considering making the pvp.net ignore being taken into consideration for matchmaking (so you wouldn't be on the same team as someone who you ignore) but that's a ways out if we do it.
Please impliment this. The only time I leave at character select is to avoid the ignore list. The only ones on my list are on there for being abusive, raceist, or just generally dislikeable people. I can stand playing with new players, or even poor players with good manners/attitudes, but not people that are abusive.

Fiver

12-08-2009

Yes, I would imagine that people who don't get along together/dislike each other being put on a team wouldn't end well. Beyond that, I have seen people leave in select after someone picks Udyr. I think that if you can get the "ignore" capability to prevent playing with people on the list, Personally, I think that perhaps also halving the IP from the next game is less incentive to leave.

There are also problems with character choices, such as everyone going DPS carry, and nobody playing caster or tank. As a result, someone knows they will most likely lose and discos.

I think that leaving in champion select shouldn't count as a "leave", but there should be a 15 minute timer on not being able to join another game, at least in my opinion.

Pieceofcandy

12-08-2009

I'd support 15 minutes every time.

yuke

12-08-2009

leaving at champ select is something i usually do when i see someone i've had problems with before, so if you're going to give me a penalty to leave champ select, i request a system in which you can prevent specific people from being matched on the same team as me... similar to the ignore list, but for MM.

edit: sorry i saw that you already thought about this... please implement this.

HideGoSeek

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-08-2009

Feel free to make it a leave. Leaves don't DO ANYTHING. Unless you're gonna start making matchmaker put leavers with leavers regardless of ELO, why bother having the thing in the first place? It's a mark of shame I guess, but I don't think habitual leavers see it that way until they're 2 v 4 or they've waited an hour in queue because the same person keeps getting in their games and leaving.

Fiver

12-08-2009

I would say 15 minutes is a while, but I would rather sit out 15 minutes and wait with no penalty over waiting 3 and getting punished. More often than not, people aren't going to leave games to be ****s. They are doing so because they don't like others, or feel that others will be bad teammates/noobs/feeders.

Opodomus

12-08-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Earthquake View Post
So you really get a LEAVE for leaving champion select? Like a WIN - LOSS - LEAVE kinda LEAVE?
Yes, and you deserve it.

I have played with horrible people who were not fun to play with and then been paired with them again. Often, THEY leave at champ select. Let them get the penalty. If they don't, it means they are willing to play with me again and I can work with them. Usually jerks will be nice if you play better. It's like real life, sometimes you need to work with people you don't like.

I support the worst punishment for leavers. Waiting in queue for 10 minutes to have someone leave three times in a row is a waste of 30 minutes of MY time, that doesn't even include the other 8 people. I'll say 3 then 15, for the rare cases where someone has a power outage during champ select.

EDIT: I played Udyr twice and won both times. Leaving due to someone picking a champ you think is underpowered is really stupid. Especially new ones where the person couldn't possibly be proficient with that champ yet. It's a game people. Give someone the chance to learn a new champion.