[Champion Concept] Quetzal, The Arcane Virus

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Frostbite Snipes

04-23-2013

Hiya!

Tags - Ranged, mage

Health 380 (+80) Attack damage 52 (+3)
Health regen. 5.0 (+0.55) Attack speed 0.625 (+1.36%)
Mana 250 (+45) Armor 12.6 (+3.4)
Mana regen. 8.0 (+0.6) Magic res. 30 (+0)
Range 550
Movement speed 330

Passive - Digital Entity -

Quetzal infects enemies when he deals spell damage to them, slowing them by 10/15/20/25%(raising at levels 6, 11 and 16) for 2 seconds(does not stack), and dealing 1% of their current HP in true damage each second for 5 seconds(does not stack). Ability damage taken while passive is in effect will reset the effects.

Digitize - Cost - 3/5/10% current health(raising with each consecutive use). Cooldown - 19/17/15/13/11 seconds.

Quetzal dematerializes his body, quickly rematerializing in another place near him(works like Ezreal's blink in terms of speed and range), dealing 20/40/60/80/100(+0.2 AP) magic damage in a small area around him. Quetzal is healed for 3% max HP for every champion hit. Can be used up to 3 times within 5 seconds, raising the health cost with each use. Cannot be used if below 5% HP.

Arcane Infection - Cost - 100/110/120/130/140/ mana. Cooldown - 15/13/11/9/7 seconds.

Quetzal sends contaminated arcane energy into target direction(about the size and range of Ezreal's W), dealing 10/20/30/40/50(+0.15 AP) magic damage per second for 5 seconds to all targets hit(only activates passive for first tick of damage). If an enemy effected with Arcane Infection dies, they explode, dealing 5/10/15/20/25(+0.1 AP) magic damage to all nearby enemies. Every enemy minion/jungle creep hit refunds 5 mana, every enemy champion hit refunds 20 mana.

Electrobomb - Cost - 70/80/90/100/110 mana. Cooldown - 40/37/35/33/30 seconds.

Quetzal vanishes from view for 2 seconds, gaining 20% movement speed for the two seconds. After 2 seconds, Quetzal reappears, discharging energy from himself(in a radius like Nunu's ultimate), taking 10% of his current HP, and dealing 5(+1 per 50 AP)% current HP magic damage to all enemy champions in the area of effect. Quetzal is healed for 5% of his current HP for every enemy champion hit.

Ultimate - Viral Zone - Cost - 100 mana. Cooldown - 150/125/100 seconds(starts when cast).

Quetzal creates a zone of energy(about 1.5x the size of Nunu's ultimate) which gives him +10% movement speed, +20/30/40 AP, +2 more max uses of Digitize(both cost 10% of current HP), +10 true damage added to each tick of Arcane Infection, and +2 more seconds of stealth on Electrobomb(meaning he discharges to deal damage while invisible) over the duration while inside of Viral Zone. Enemies inside are slowed by 10%. When an enemy exits the Viral Zone, they gain the effect of Arcane Infection(the damage per second) on them.

~Lore~

"The experiment is completely under control We have made a breakthrough in the origin and creation of the entity known as Nocturne, expect results soon." - Head Scientist of the Experiment N.

Nocturne, an entity of unknown origin, and a terrifying creature. Terrifying, but powerful. An experiment was set out to create a controlled copy of the being known as Nocturne, to be used for military, experimental, and working purposes. The team of scientists were very confident and pleased with their results as of so far....not knowing what they were truly doing. Project N was underway.

The experiment had hit a big breakthrough, or so they thought. The computers had finally shown the model they had sought after. When they attempted to create the model using the power of Runes, however, something went terribly wrong. The model reacted in an unexpected way to Rune power, and vanished from the computer screens, and the computers stopped responding. After a few minutes, all of the computers completely shut off. Upon closer inspection, multiple areas of the insides of the computers had been badly burned and damaged.

The reports of a powerful and uncontrollable virus spread. People tried to keep their internet-connected devices away from unsafe sites. The virus still destroyed many devices using the internet. The virus was named Quetzal, for it's most infamous disguise to lure people in. It disguised it's self as an 'interesting' report on the Quetzal bird, and spread the report to many popular social places for internet users. It spread like wildfire, anyone clicking expecting for an interesting article had their device immediately stop responding, and in a few minutes, shut down, burned from the inside.

After some time, Quetzal became powerful enough to infiltrate devices without getting anyone to do anything but be on the internet. After completely wiping out a league-owned supercomputer, Quetzal materialized, though he was quickly 'restrained' without resistance. Quetzal's creators decided it was best not to attempt any more study with him, and decided it was best to place him in the League of Legends as a champion. Quetzal willingly went along with this idea, happy to be able to study the creatures that created him and show his own abilities.

Quetzal was willing to answer questions involving himself. He explained how he got so powerful and why he attacked the internet. He was absorbing data from computers and such, to strengthen himself, to the point that he was no longer bound to the internet. He also stated that he never hurt anyone because he never had the intention to.

~Character Look~

His model is shaped like Xerath's, but he looks like computer-data-ish. Like this https://encrypted-tbn3.gstatic.com/i...KXPlZYww_mbLJK

His abilities also have the glitchy squares look.

When he uses Digitize he glitches(I don't know any better way to describe it....ever seen Vanillope in Wreck it Ralph?) before and after teleporting. He also does this before turning invisible with Electrobomb.

OmegaEpsilon9001

04-24-2013

Good champ. We know where it came form

TeraGaze

04-24-2013

I like the concept i will not lie, its a good champion

Just a few minor questions
1. your passive you have there 4 levels of slow but only 3 levels so does it base start at the lowest im guessing just wanted some clarification.
2. this one is silly but just a question, if he is all like digital then why does he have arcane things like magic should he have like computer related things you know?

Overall i really like him my fav things is poison so that you added a form of that i like it a lot

Frostbite Snipes

04-24-2013

Yes, the first level of the passive slow is at level 1.

It will be explained when I make his lore(very soon). In short, he was created using Arcane energy combined with technology, creating a powerful arcane virus, him. :3

Brilliant Gems

04-24-2013

Not bad, I would love to see a computer data champion.

Frostbite Snipes

04-24-2013

OdinBahamut

04-24-2013

Not bad, not bad. Very much like Zac in terms of ability costs (losing health etc.), but overall looks like a fun, good champion to play. Would like to play this champion -w-

Frostbite Snipes

04-24-2013

I gave him very high health and mana costs, but ways to lower the costs dramatically. Basically it's a high risk high reward thing.

You lose all your health using your abilities, but do it right and you can actually gain more health than you originally had.

Glad to hear you like iiiit!

Frostbite Snipes

04-25-2013

I've made a slight adjustment to the W. It's meant to be his main damage in lane, and looking at it, it doesn't actually do a very high amount of damage. So instead of just raising the base/ratio of it, I've added another little effect onto it.

OdinBahamut

04-25-2013

If the range of the W is the whole lane, then that is quite overpowered. Maybe reduce it to 800 units in front, in a cone. Still, it's a good idea and I would still love to play him (him, her?) for he looks like he would be fun to play and be a good champion