Sources

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Kantrix

11-11-2010

If I remember correctly, Cooldown reduction and Dodge are multiplied when they come from multiple sources, not straight added. (Thus never letting you get 100%.)

Question: If I have cooldown reduction (or dodge) from 2 different kind of runes (say, blue AND yellow), does that count as 2 difference sources, or 1?

Stillhart

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-11-2010

First, I'm pretty sure CDR is additive and it's definitely hard-capped at 40%. Dodge is definitely multiplicative.

Regarding runes, I'm pretty sure that glyphs, marks, seals and quints are all "runes" as far as the game is concerned. In other words, they add together no matter which type they are then that counts as one source.

Skarmory

11-11-2010

Cooldown reduction and dodge are two separate sources.

Cooldown reduction is additive, and it stacks until you hit the cap at 40 percent. Here is an example:

Say I have 7% reduction from runes, 3% from masteries, and I buy a fiendish codex (10% reduction) and a glacial shroud (20% reduction), I now have 40% cooldown reduction because it all adds up. If I upgrade the glacial shroud to a frozen heart (25% reduction) I will still only have 40% reduction.

Dodge on the other hand is multiplied. 2 phantom dancers (20% dodge each) doesn't add up to 40% dodge, it ends up somewhere near 30, with every dodge chance added after that giving you less and less returns.