Why do I see the same champions over and over?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Yenn

12-08-2009

Katarina, Tryndamere, Gangplank, Teemo, Ashe, Tristana, Yi, Twisted Fate, Twitch.

Why are at least three of these champions guaranteed to be in every single game?
In fact, I'm estimating ~70% of my games are made up solely of these champions. I rarely see people using any of the other ones.

MammothWaffle

Adjudicator

12-08-2009

Katarina is fun

Trynd is OP

Gangplank brings in the Mad Crits

Teemo has LOTS of map control if played properly and is adorable

Ashe easy to understand and very good carry

Tristana brings in mad dps

TF godly map control and ganking skillz

Twitch does bursty group damage if unchecked.

Which is why they are all popular!

Torinux

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-08-2009

I wonder the same thing over and over and over...

Kildar

12-08-2009

Also has something to do with which characters are free to play atm.

Yenn

12-08-2009

Maybe I'm wrong, but don't they have some guy who worked on Warcraft III doing balance? You'd think he'd have some idea what he's doing.

MammothWaffle

Adjudicator

12-08-2009

Things ARE balanced. Everything is OP therefore everything is balanced. DUH

Evilpigeon

Adjudicator

12-08-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yenn View Post
Maybe I'm wrong, but don't they have some guy who worked on Warcraft III doing balance? You'd think he'd have some idea what he's doing.
Judging from when you made your account, you're still playing at a pretty low level so people aren't so likely to think;'hey, there's no healer on this team, I should play soraka!'
during champion select

Instead they're going 'pewpewpew I dus has big sword tryndamere will smaasssh'

as such you're going to see a lot of glory heroes and fewer tanks and support heroes till you progress a bit.

EchoRex

12-08-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kildar View Post
Also has something to do with which characters are free to play atm.
This has a whole lot to do with seeing the same champions over and over, people on average will try to learn to play on what is available for free.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evilpigeon View Post
Judging from when you made your account, you're still playing at a pretty low level so people aren't so likely to think;'hey, there's no healer on this team, I should play soraka!'
during champion select

Instead they're going 'pewpewpew I dus has big sword tryndamere will smaasssh'

as such you're going to see a lot of glory heroes and fewer tanks and support heroes till you progress a bit.
And this.

DustyNomad

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-08-2009

you know why all the same heroes someone here made a good statement ofcourswe because theyre in the weekly roll of heroes so theyre free of charge to use if you want or not BUT theres also something some heroes are cheap to buy but still eassy to use in combat like Ashe, Master Yi

thats why you probably see them alot (and becoz when people once used a char tyhat was for their idea pretty good they mostly keep using it so t hey wont screw up for their teammates in any other battle by TRYING new chars they dont know

everyone wants to make much of kills assuming the ones who CAN do that if used properly are ocourse Gangplank, Master Yi, and all other DMG based chars.

(Teemo, The rat guy etc....

The Senate

12-08-2009

A number of the champions you named are free to play champions on the current rotation. As we get a couple months deeper into this season, people will unlock more and you'll see more variation.