Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Yeah!?

no 80 8.49%
yes 696 73.89%
You're stupid 166 17.62%
Voters 942 .

Horde mode ^^

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Bronypowerr

04-23-2013

UPDATE: 700 VOTES
UPDATE:100 upvotes c;
UPDATE: I'm trying and make a 3D map based on the drawings attachments (V1 http://tinypic.com/r/2wpjg2d/5)
UPDATE:550 VOTES
UPDATE:300 voters ^^ Let's try and get this thread popular! 8DD

(Thread might start to look messing but shh)
Anyone else think a horde mode game type where you have to protect the nexus from waves of minions is fun?
May I just say again FOR FUN

"How long you can survive"
Possablity's/maybe
Builds? to help with the waves?

Poro round for bonus health and cold (Collect them all!)

Quote:
Keybläder:

Another idea, maybe a challenge mode, called find the teemos. There is an invisible teemo that comes from each lane. They are each in a different skin, and are all permanently invisible. The goal is to kill all of them before they flood your middle zone with mushrooms, which you can only see planted for a split second, but you cant see the teemos plant them. Did I mention that /laugh is being spammed by each one.

Champions with champion select only ult
Quote:
Levik:
You could allow those things to target larger "boss" monsters.

Notes:
Random champion (AR Horde mode)
You have no minions to hide behind
4 or 6 lanes of minions coming in faster and faster(Stronger and stronger)
4 Mini weak turrets
Leaderboards
Unique minions types (Puller, pryo, invisible, tank, poison)
Minions with unique buffs to counter Ranger, AoE or other types to balance the game

Normal minion group contain 1 unique minion

Quote:
Cindikle:
This would be quite awesome.

Also there would be some easy ways to counter the "AoE teamcomp" setup.
-There could be groups with an elite mob that reduces all AoE damage around it by 90%. Meaning you want not only want to focus that mob, but a champion who's kit is mainly AoE will only do 90% damage to him.
-There could be an elite that returns damage. Blowing an AoE on a group of 10 that returns 25% of the damage back could easily kill you.
-There could be a massive wave with explosive mobs in them. Killing the mobs kills the mobs around it, while AoE still works here, it will favor single target.

You'll still want more AoE than single target. But you still need some single target damage.

Sub waves: The amount of waves in the lanes before the next Round wave starts. This is increase by 1 till Round 10 then increase by 2 after each round

Round 1-5
Normal minions

Round 6-10
Normal minons
Jungle mobs

Round 11-16
Normal minons
Jungle mobs
Buff jungle mobs

Round 17-20
Normal minons
jungle mobs
Buff jungle mobs
Dragon ('s)

Round 21-30
All of the above with maybe a baraon('s) Which tunnel around the map and pop up in selected spots

Round 30<
Repeats with buffs (So round 31 will be like round one but much much harder)

Boss/ boss ideas

The game does not end until ALL players are dead at the same time; so if four are slain, but the last living player manages to avoid dying until an ally respawns, the game will continue.
Quote:
Dr Snapped:
I'd like to add the possibility of "boss"-type mobs after a certain number of waves have been cleared - maybe once every 5-10 (I'm partial to 10)? These could be done either on a new map that's loaded, or on the map that this "survive the waves" mode is on. IDEAS:

If it says "per champ level," the formula is: A+((B*C), where A is the flat base number listed first, B is the second flat number listed that will be multiplied, and C is the average of Champion levels. The result of B * C is added to A.

Numbers can prob. use tweaking, but this is just a rough draft, anyway.

EBONMAW, the Terror of Zaun
When: After 30 waves
Lore: When Twisted Treeline was altered, Ebonmaw was evicted in favor of the glorified giant arachnid. After a long period of being homeless and bitter, the old dragon decided he'd had enough, and now has rejoined the fray - awaiting any champions that can survive 30 waves.
Quote (on engagement): "Oh, I see how it is. It's not enough you force me out of my home - you have to kill me, too? I'll charbroil your bones!"
Quote (on death): "Vilemaw... sent you... didn't he...!"
Gold: 280 (+30 per champ level)
Experience: 500
Health: 2450 (+375 per champ level)
Mana: N/A
Attack damage: 200 (+8.3 per champ level)
Range: 675
Armor: 20 (+2.5 per champ level)
Ability Power: 0 (+9 per champ level)
Magic Resistance: 32 (+3.8 per champ level)
Critical strike chance: 0
Attack speed: 0.625
Movement speed: 330
ABILITIES: Ebonmaw, for the most part, uses his abilities at set intervals, and uses his autoattack otherwise. When Ebonmaw's health is reduced to 60% and again at 30%, he will immediately use Ebon Fury; once Ebon Fury is completed, the battle will resume as normal.
Crowd Control Resistance (INNATE): Ebonmaw is immune to almost all forms of crowd control; the only thing that affects him is Taunt effects, but all it does is make him more likely to target the user of the Taunt with non-random attacks and abilities, by generating a large amount of aggro.
Shadow Flame: Ebonmaw turns to a foe that has damaged him, and spits a fireball at them; the fireball is homing, but can be blocked by other units. The fireball inflicts physical damage equal to Ebonmaw's attack damage if it hits its intended target, and half that if it hits anything else. Shadow Flame also inflicts Grievous Wounds for 6 seconds.
Ebon Breath: Ebonmaw turns to a random enemy, and channels for 1.5 seconds, then unleashes a large purple fireball in a straight line. Enemies the fireball passes through take 160 / 250 / 340 / 430 / 520 (Lv1 / 4 / 7 / 10 / 13) (+1 per ability power) magic damage. The fireball ignores Spell Shield while doing only half damage, but will normally damage Morgana's Black Shield. The fireball scorches where it moved, leaving a trail of fire for 10 seconds that deals 16 / 25 / 34 / 43 / 52 (Lv1 / 4 / 7 / 10 / 13) (+0.1 per ability power) true damage every second to enemies that stand in it.
Dragon Tail: After channeling for 1 second, Ebonmaw spins in a complete circle once, doing physical damage to all enemies within 300 range equal to 20% of his attack damage, as well as knocking them back 300 units.
Ebon Fury: Ebonmaw becomes furious, reducing all physical, magical, and true damage he takes by 90% for 10 seconds. During this time, a targeting reticle will appear on a random part of the arena every 1 second, with Ebonmaw spitting out a black fireball at that location 1 second later. The fireballs are harmless. It takes 1 second for a fireball to reach its destination, after which a dark fire eruption will occur where the reticle is, inflicting 155 / 240 / 325 / 410 / 495 (Lv1 / 4 / 7 / 10 / 13) (+1.5 per ability power) to all enemies caught in it. The eruptions ignore Spell Shield and Morgana's Black Shield completely, and stun foes hit for 1 second. After spitting out the tenth black fireball, Ebonmaw will lose his damage reduction, idle for 2 seconds, then resume fighting like normal.

Open to suggestions

TeamVteam survival mode

Quote:
Levik:
Here is my idea for the map (modeled after the OP's) which consists of two sides that each holds a team. The only way for the teams to interact with each other would be through capture points and killing the bosses faster than the other team (the minion spawning portals would be impassable to champions)

Capture points would be similar to the Dominion quests that activate a capture point for each team to go after. When a quest/challenge is started mirrored capture points (ex: both blue capture points) would become active and allow players to interact with them. The first team that captured the point would get the reward. Each capture point is a different color signifying that each capture point would case a different thing to happen. For example the red capture point's reward would be to reverse the minion spawn direction so that they would pour into the enemy's lane. This would relieve one of your lanes while causing the other team to have a more difficult time. When the next challenge starts, the previous capture point is deactivated.
I only have the idea for the red capture point, but I am sure other people could come up with equally (or better) ideas.

The "Boss Shield" would be an impassable barrier so that you can see the next Boss Mob storming around while you are clearing waves that lead up to the Boss. It would lower when it was the Boss Round (or whenever the Boss ends up being released).
For example: once you kill the previous Boss and everyone leaves the Boss area (enforced through teleport or knockback) the shield would raise again and a new Boss would arrive. It would simply storm around for the next X-minion waves until it is time to be released.

The win condition would be if your team's Nexus lasts longer than the opposing team's Nexus.

If there are any questions or if the OP feels that this is a terrible idea, let me know. I am up for discussion.

Ðelicious

04-23-2013

this is now a Horde morde skin thread?

Heal n Peel

04-23-2013

Do you actually win after a number of waves, or is it a "how long can you survive" game type?

Bronypowerr

04-23-2013

I would think of it as a how long you can survive type and like natural mobs join in and then a couple of dragons then barons! xD

inbredpsychosis

04-23-2013

I fully support more game types/modes, even if they are only accessible via customs.

Defnist47

04-23-2013

I think a couple of dragons and like a giant baron would be cool and this would be a nice idea, but I think for Riot to develop this would be a waste of resources that could be put on things we want like skins, champions, patching etc. I never liked horde in any games anyway.

Bronypowerr

04-23-2013

Quote:
Defnist47:
I think a couple of dragons and like a giant baron would be cool and this would be a nice idea, but I think for Riot to develop this would be a waste of resources that could be put on things we want like skins, champions, patching etc. I never liked horde in any games anyway.

True yeah but idk I like the struggle when minons are op as **** and everyone is trying to fight them off the nexus in a mad panic xD

xJoushi

04-23-2013

Isn't this just "Play Anivia" mode?

Keiffo

04-23-2013

Everybody would just play hard hitting AoE champs. Brand, Xerath, Graves, Sivir, Twitch, Teemo [mushrooms between waves], vladimir, Karthus, Anivia, Amumu, Shyvanna, Mundo..........There won't be many more viable champs

YogSoth0th

04-23-2013

Zed with RH could carry hard.