AP Nunu? How to build...?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Labomba

12-08-2009

I've been playing Nunu for the last week and have been enjoying this champion. I've been building him as a tank, which seemed like an appropriate way to go considering his ult puts him in a position to take damage. Tank build provides good success as I've been winning most of my normal games and with a decent KDA. However, I'm bored at work, and considered the possibility of Nunu going AP since consume, ice blast, and absolute zero factor in AP.

So, I'm interested to know if anyone builds Nunu as a pure dps and what your item build is. Also, any comments on Nunu's durability without going tank would be appreciated. thanks

Bait

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-08-2009

rod of ages.

nunu isn't a persistent tank. he's a hit and run tank.

Ghostraider

12-08-2009

The best way to build Nunu is Hybrid Ap/Tank something along the lines of below:

Doran's Ring + Health potions
Boots of Speed
Catylyst
Void Staff
Banshee's Veil
Mecury Treads
Aegis of the leigon or another Ap item for example Deathfire Grasp or Abyssal Scepter if heavy casters

9/21/0 for Masteries taking smite + Cleanse and rune page full AP per level except the quints.

Landa

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-08-2009

Crystal + healthpots = Solo Golem at lvl 1
Catalyst
Boots
Rod of Ages
Merc Treads
(For more tanking another rod)
Sheen
Zonyas or Ayssal scepter.
Lich bane

dreamydischarge

12-08-2009

So i herd u wanna builds the nunus

triple dorans ring
boots of swiftness
banshee's veil
??????
Profit

occultism

12-08-2009

I've had some success going:

Sapphire Crystal
Catalyst
boots of swiftness (or mobility if you find yourself lane changing for ganks alot)
Kage's pick
Rod of ages
abyssal sceptre (lol ult + penetration)
deathfire grasp (more nukage)

and if your game really lasts that long than a second RoA.

I basically run around the map picking people off, the iceball with low CD is a great nuke, and knowing when to run into teamfights and ult is a plus.

Teaming with cardmaster and double ulting for pentakills is good, or any hero with an aoe snare/stun/throw (alistar/chogath specifically)

flash and talented ignite are your friends!

Riot aBhorsen

eSports Coordinator

12-09-2009

I play Nunu extensively as an AP hero,

I go like this:

Boots of Speed > Mercury Treads when you feel it's right
Rod of Ages
Deathfire Grasp
Rod of Ages
Abyssal Sceptre
??? Free Slot

That gives you 300 AP without your last slot, making for a 1800 Absolute Zero and a 600 Ice Blast, you'll have 3831HP, 8400 Magic to kill you, 6800 Physical to kill you (Without factoring in their Magic Penetration etc).

If you manage to fill the last slot with a Zhonya then your rocking 494 AP which equals AZ at 2382 which equals game over.

I take Smite and Cleanse as my 2 summoners spells. Smite for the early jungling and Cleanse to help you get your AZ off.

That gets me a K/D ration of 2-3/1 most games.

EDIT: Although the Mercury Treads are the smart choice, i often take Boots of Mobility just because i enjoy storming out of the jungle to Gank people, depends on your play style.

GNOY

12-09-2009

1. Pick up cleanse spell
2. Use ult and activate cleanse
3. ?
4. Profit

Lightwrks

12-09-2009

Cleanse is a must have for Nunu.

What do you guys think about the new Haunting Guise for Nunu?

Riot aBhorsen

eSports Coordinator

12-09-2009

Weak and a waste of a slot imo! Get the deathfire, it has the Ability cd and the Mana regen. Consume is enough health regen...