[Champion Concept] Elizabeth, Zaun's Horror

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Vermana

04-23-2013

Added a bunch of quotes and personality details.

Really wish I had spoiler tags.

Vermana

04-24-2013

Bumped for further interest. Reviews appreciated.

Vermana

04-24-2013

Bumped for further interest again! Would appreciate more reviews of her kit and lore.

OdinBahamut

04-25-2013

Review time!

I love her lore, fits in nicely with other storylines.
She seems more of a harasser than an assassin to be honest, or a bruiser. She doesn't look like she is made for killing, just damaging strongly. The fact that with her E they walk towards her while taking damage, that is slightly OP, might want to rethink that. I like her W, although it seems quite strong in a sense that you can constantly use it because of hardly/no cooldown, to run away or spam attack enemies while invulnerable. Other than that, Her Passive, Q and R are great. I like the quotes, they fit in well.

My ideas for jokes for her:
Remember to wear a life jacket, or you won't live long
My waters are friendly, unless you run
What is better than water? Water with Shimmer in it!
Seven days. . That's all you have - The Ring reference

Animation

Elizabeth floats up bit by bit, her tentacles propelling her. Her tentacles move like it would for a jellyfish moving (spread out before pushing down). Upon reaching the end of her joke, she lands.

That's my review. Could you please check out my champion too? http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/...3367722&page=2
Thanks

Vermana

04-25-2013

Thanks for the review!

About her W/E - I haven't put in exact cooldowns for her skills yet (since that's a delicate balance) but given her W is a blink with invuln, it would have to be at least around ten seconds (6 with full CD reduction) but that could obviously be tweaked. Think of it like Riven's Valor, without the heavy shield, but a short invuln and some damage instead. As for her E.. I think the stun might be a little too strong but it's not a hard CC charm like Ahri's, it doesn't last nearly as long since it can be cancelled.

Jokes - I'd like to stick to one reference each for movies and stuff, and SEVEN DAYS RAWR is a bit too obvious of a reference in my opinion. References are meant to make fans of the subject nostalgia about it, and everybody knows about that line, not just fans of the movie. It's famous. Wouldn't really entertain anybody. ;_;

I'm probably going to use movies and things based around water or horror. Like maybe The Titanic, 20,000 Leagues, and The Fog. Maybe Bioshock too.

Thanks for the review, but I can't see yours. Your link is to the wrong place.

OdinBahamut

04-25-2013

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/....php?t=3371373 Sorry, this is the proper link.

For her W, I would probably have more of a cooldown, but the rest is great.
For her E, yeah, I would remove the stun, instead put bonus damage or something.

Joke? Why not have "I'm flying, Jack!" xD
I'm not a fan of horror so I don't really have any references, sorry :/

Vermana

04-26-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by OdinBahamut View Post
http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/....php?t=3371373 Sorry, this is the proper link.

For her W, I would probably have more of a cooldown, but the rest is great.
For her E, yeah, I would remove the stun, instead put bonus damage or something.

Joke? Why not have "I'm flying, Jack!" xD
I'm not a fan of horror so I don't really have any references, sorry :/

I'm attempting to find a delicate balance of medium-low cooldown/mana cost/blink invuln. Shes a melee range AP Champion that does not have any form of innate tankiness or escape besides her W, but she's really, really good at sticking to targets. She'd probably make a decent Jungler or Kassadin-style mid. A long ranged, long cooldown blink might make her ganks a bit to strong, and I dont think it would fit her trope so well.

When you think about horror entities (Samara, Kayako, Slenderman, etc.) they can usually move very fast, teleport everywhere, appear out of nowhere, and stay right behind when they're chasing. That's why I prefer the movespeed and low range/low CD blink.

Her E charms for about 0.5 seconds, (Ahri's charm lasts for 1 second at level 1, 2 seconds at 5) and stuns for another 0.5 seconds if they actually touch Eliza. So it works as a short stun at melee range, and a short charm at long range, and both if positioned perfectly. This would balance out a bit with Ahri's charm by having the cooldown decrease when it is ranked up.

I'll review your Champ now~

Vermana

04-27-2013

Bamp.

Vermana

04-28-2013

^_^

LonelyLiamNeeson

04-28-2013

I like that you put a lot of work into the lore and the visualization of the character. I wasn't too impressed by the skills. It looks like you made another Lissandra skillset in a way.

You also said she was reminiscent of Japanese horror films (The Ring, The Grudge) while also having some similarities to The Deep Ones from Lovecraft. Not sure if you realize that Cthulhu is a Deep One from Lovecraft's lore (think Davy Jones from Pirate of the Caribbean). That being said, I see nothing in common between those creatures and the character you have made (i.e. no tentacle face, no reptillian anything, no wings, no claws) other than the fact that they both thematically deal with water.