How to build Vi

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Brianmc

04-22-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lawltimate View Post
I always found the hecarim build to work the best. SotEL/iceborne gauntlet/kindle gem item.

But yes, Vi can't be the main initiation unless you go full tank, and then your damage isn't enough to be a real threat to the enemy backline.
I wouldn't build that. You need some damage as well. And Don't go FULL damage like someone else said. I been playing Vi since release, before the buffs/nerfs and after the buffs/nerfs. I usually rush BC, then to Phage/FM for tankiness and being able to stick on your oppenents. The game usually doesn't last past that but I usually get Merc Threads or Ninja Tabai. Then Runic Bulwark depending on situation, Maw of Mal also depends and if im doing really good BT. With those items alone you will have enough AD to just decimate anyone (Especially ADC's) and you still have 3300 -3600 HP. I go Flat AD Quints, Flat Arpen Reds, Flat armor yellows and scaling MR Blues. Trust me you will have GREAT success with that build. I play her top lane mostly and rarely do people beat me in lane. I get 2-5 kills in lane, then its gg once laning phase is over. Almost unstoppable.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Betse View Post
top lane champions are getting more and more squishy everyday -_-, who is going to initiate if not the roaming support slave AKA jungler
And top lane champs are NOT getting "moar and moar squshy errday". You don't build full tank on her. TOp lane champs are getting squishier bc people are building FULL GLASS CANNON and no defense. Not bc "top champs are getting moar and moar squshy errday" You dont have to build 5 warmogs and a randuin's to NOT be squishy. Just dont build ALL damage items and just dont build FULL tank items so you don't do any damage and just get cc'ed and laughed at... Just don't. Just try my build for a few games and you will see that you are neither squishy and you still deal a ****load of damage. You don't have to build full tank to iniate. Open up on their adc with your ult and tell your team to follow you in. The enemy freaks out when she ults the adc, they go in to panic mode. Just make it clear to your team when you're going in. With my build you ahve enough armor, health, mr to last and for your team to follow up and you have time to get out of the middle of the fight. I been playing Vi for 5 months bro. Just give my build a try and let me know.

Send me a friend request in game buddy.

Lawltimate

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-22-2013

Keep in mind that junglers don't get anywhere near the gold that top lane does. And good luck surviving a full enemy team with 0-1 tank items.

Betse

04-22-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brianmc View Post
I wouldn't build that. You need some damage as well. And Don't go FULL damage like someone else said. I been playing Vi since release, before the buffs/nerfs and after the buffs/nerfs. I usually rush BC, then to Phage/FM for tankiness and being able to stick on your oppenents. The game usually doesn't last past that but I usually get Merc Threads or Ninja Tabai. Then Runic Bulwark depending on situation, Maw of Mal also depends and if im doing really good BT. With those items alone you will have enough AD to just decimate anyone (Especially ADC's) and you still have 3300 -3600 HP. I go Flat AD Quints, Flat Arpen Reds, Flat armor yellows and scaling MR Blues. Trust me you will have GREAT success with that build. I play her top lane mostly and rarely do people beat me in lane. I get 2-5 kills in lane, then its gg once laning phase is over. Almost unstoppable.

And top lane champs are NOT getting "moar and moar squshy errday". You don't build full tank on her. TOp lane champs are getting squishier bc people are building FULL GLASS CANNON and no defense. Not bc "top champs are getting moar and moar squshy errday" You dont have to build 5 warmogs and a randuin's to NOT be squishy. Just dont build ALL damage items and just dont build FULL tank items so you don't do any damage and just get cc'ed and laughed at... Just don't. Just try my build for a few games and you will see that you are neither squishy and you still deal a ****load of damage. You don't have to build full tank to iniate. Open up on their adc with your ult and tell your team to follow you in. The enemy freaks out when she ults the adc, they go in to panic mode. Just make it clear to your team when you're going in. With my build you ahve enough armor, health, mr to last and for your team to follow up and you have time to get out of the middle of the fight. I been playing Vi for 5 months bro. Just give my build a try and let me know.

Send me a friend request in game buddy.
gonna add u tomorrow dw

99delusions

04-22-2013

Quote:
Im really confused about how to build vi, as far as i know, and a lot of guides state the same, Vi's core items are frozen mallet, elder lizard and black cleaver, and fill the rest with defense items

I almost always get spirit stone and mobility boots with homeguards asap to show a lot of prescence, but i never get to build both black cleaver AND elder lizard because their adc will rape me on late game, so i always end up getting only elder lizard, boots, and 4 defensive items

is this right? maybe i shouldnt be the one initiating and thats the problem?

pls some advice, Vi is my 2nd favorite jungler

Vi needs Triforce and BotRK or a Bloodthirster. Get berzerkers greaves too. Seriously tri-force bt/and/or BotRK...they are core items. If youre jungling....just get madreds ....work in a brutalizer too somewhere in there...

She is one of the few champs that benefits HEAVILY from AS early...AS/Health are her core stats til ya reach mid game then build accordingly.

Vanisher15

04-22-2013

Here's my Vi build (jungle)
AS Qunits/Reds
Flat yellow armor
Flat blue MR

18/12/0 masteries, similar to Shyvanas
Spirit of the Elder Lizard (start Machete)
Merc Treads (buy furor later in the match)
Warmogs or Sunfire (sunfire situational)
Maw of Malmortius
Guardian Angel
Sunfire or Thornmail or Bloodthirster or Aegis Of the Legion (6th item is always situational)

It's most likely not the best thing out there, But you stay tanky and can deal some damage in TF's with massive W proc. Plus Q hits like a truck if you max it out, and charge it all the way.

Brianmc

04-22-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by 99delusions View Post
Vi needs Triforce and BotRK or a Bloodthirster. Get berzerkers greaves too. Seriously tri-force bt/and/or BotRK...they are core items. If youre jungling....just get madreds ....work in a brutalizer too somewhere in there...

She is one of the few champs that benefits HEAVILY from AS early...AS/Health are her core stats til ya reach mid game then build accordingly.
Dude she DOES not need triforce. That is such a waste of gold. Don't ever build that on her. Triforce is NOT a core item. Never has been never will. Go look at pro guides and probuild.net . You DO NOT BUILD TF on her, EVER. WAY too expensive and farming for way to long when you can get like a BC, FM, and other situational items. You NEED fm for the stick power and health. TF isn't reliable. Botrk is a bette choice then TF. and of course I agree with BT. But not triforce. You rarely can even finish it, bc you're either A) Losing or B) Not getting enough gold from minions or champ kills. Just isn't worth it. OP trust meeeee, like I said I have played over 100 Vi games SINCE release. And thats being Generous. And don't go for AS when you can go for straight for AD and Health early.

Start Fort Pot, 4 red pots and 1 ward. Then get Brut, then Phage. Then after that depending on how the game is going either get FM or BC. Just depends. Then if the game is still going on buy situational items like BT, Maw of Mal, Runic Bulwark, etc etc.

@Delusions, Im not saying TF is bad or talking **** to you AT ALL. I respect your views and im not trying to start ****.

99delusions

04-22-2013

Quote:
Dude she DOES not need triforce. That is such a waste of gold. Don't ever build that on her. Triforce is NOT a core item. Never has been never will. Go look at pro guides and probuild.net . You DO NOT BUILD TF on her, EVER. WAY too expensive and farming for way to long when you can get like a BC, FM, and other situational items. You NEED fm for the stick power and health. TF isn't reliable. Botrk is a bette choice then TF. and of course I agree with BT. But not triforce. You rarely can even finish it, bc you're either A) Losing or B) Not getting enough gold from minions or champ kills. Just isn't worth it. OP trust meeeee, like I said I have played over 100 Vi games SINCE release. And thats being Generous. And don't go for AS when you can go for straight for AD and Health early.

Start Fort Pot, 4 red pots and 1 ward. Then get Brut, then Phage. Then after that depending on how the game is going either get FM or BC. Just depends. Then if the game is still going on buy situational items like BT, Maw of Mal, Runic Bulwark, etc etc.

@Delusions, Im not saying TF is bad or talking **** to you AT ALL. I respect your views and im not trying to start ****.

Dont care about pro guides. I see what works. Rush a brut/zerker/tri force if youre laning. Noone can 1v1 you. You have amazing initate on top of at least killing whoever you ulted (unless ya screwed up and hit the tankiest of tanks).

Fort pot+4 pots is goin out the window soon. Adapt now. Its comin down the alley way towards all of us. She is so , so , so strong with a brut/zeal/phage @ around lvl 9. I respect your opinion as well. She is very situational , but , in my limited experience , tri-force + lifesteal+at least a brut...she is friggin nuts...

99delusions

04-22-2013

Quote:

As is gonna proc her shred more often , AD is gonna make it hit harder...its a toss up. You really cant go wrong either way. I just prefer AS/sheen proc/LS early-mid game with her...but I play her more as an initiator for team fights than a damage dealer.

Good advice all around in this thread for ya OP. Look over it . Vi is still amazing at top and so - so for a jungle. The only ultimate advice I can give you though is "learn by doing". There is no definetive build for any champ. Everything is situaional ...but a brutalizer+phage or sheen around lvl 6...youre gonna be a nightmare on wheels

DriedPrunes

04-22-2013

Quote:
Im really confused about how to build vi, as far as i know, and a lot of guides state the same, Vi's core items are frozen mallet, elder lizard and black cleaver, and fill the rest with defense items

I almost always get spirit stone and mobility boots with homeguards asap to show a lot of prescence, but i never get to build both black cleaver AND elder lizard because their adc will rape me on late game, so i always end up getting only elder lizard, boots, and 4 defensive items

is this right? maybe i shouldnt be the one initiating and thats the problem?

pls some advice, Vi is my 2nd favorite jungler
If you're jungling I don't think frozen mallet is the best. Its too expensive and it only provides a little bit of tankiness and some sticking potential. Depending on the situation I build Lizard and black clearver with an aegis or locket to help the team.

I usually like to get aegis and a locket then transition to randuins and or frozen heart. I think that CDR is a good stat on vi

just my opinions

LincKeu

Master Recruiter

04-22-2013

I usually go with ADquints, AP marks, armor + mres per lvl, 21/9/0 and build elder>brutalizer>boots(merc usually)>mogs or rands or bulwark or locket