[GUIDE] The Legend of Udyr

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

untoldfate

12-19-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by HackerJacks View Post
Brother Udyr your words are not harsh. I am an Udyr player these are tame in comparison to my teammates.

I have tried tiger stance and found that is it not as good as phoenix for dps. Let me explain my position more.

The tiger active is good later on when you have damage so I do not get it up front. Phoenix will proc every three hits. You also will receive full crit damage in Phoenix where as in Tiger each mini hit has a chance to crit, lowering the total crit damage. Esp with sword of the divine you can get the 200 bonus from Phoenix then 100 from sword of the divine which is 300 bonus damage every four hits with full crits. Then pop into tiger for the nice double damage dot. Getting tiger before Phoenix IMO is not worth it because you need the damage proc to increase the dps and for help farming in lanes and jungle.

If you have an insanely high crit chance then I can see Tiger possibly working out. However, unless you are going raw DPS build, which I am not, then it works out better if you get Phoenix.

You see Udyr brothers?! Even in this guide to playing like a legend the hate comes. If you want to make a guide on how to avoid Udyr do it somewhere else. This is intended for Udyrs brothers and sisters to improve their game play. Go whine about how more manly Udyr is than you in some other thread.
udyr didnt use 3rd person!

HackerJacks

12-19-2009

Udyr smash!

Stexe

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Adjudicator

12-19-2009

I have to disagree with the idea of going Turtle first. If you have Bear you can stun and harass, especially when you're going for early ganks or to stop potential enemy ganks. Turtle doesn't shield for much and level 1 skills don't do much damage, so I think it would be better to go:

1 - Bear
2 - Turtle
3 - Turtle

The rest should be built similar to your suggestion. Although I have seen Tiger builds that don't go Phoenix if your team has a lot of pushing Champions and not as many DPS champs. Either way, Turtle and Bear are still the best stances from what I can see.

rEv3

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-19-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stexe View Post
I have to disagree with the idea of going Turtle first. If you have Bear you can stun and harass, especially when you're going for early ganks or to stop potential enemy ganks. Turtle doesn't shield for much and level 1 skills don't do much damage, so I think it would be better to go:

1 - Bear
2 - Turtle
3 - Turtle

The rest should be built similar to your suggestion. Although I have seen Tiger builds that don't go Phoenix if your team has a lot of pushing Champions and not as many DPS champs. Either way, Turtle and Bear are still the best stances from what I can see.
Bear will keep them on their toes at level 1 but won't let you do any significant dmg, and is next to useless against a range dpser. Turtle, if you know when to use it, should let you avoid almost all early game dmg as well as being your only source of mana. Turtle will let you farm even while under attack and gives you the choice of completely ignoring their attempts to harrass. Level 2 always sees me choosing Bear, which combined with Turtle should keep you as safe as you want to be. At third level, Tiger. By level 3, you should have pushed to their tower which is when you need tower to chop them down.. also, this is when you can really take advantage of whoever you're laning against. Turtle makes sure you don't get hurt (or take next to nothing from some huge mana investment on their part), Bear lets you interrupt any evil thoughts on their part, and after the first time you use Bear then Tiger they will start running as soon as they recover from the short stun (if they stay, Turtle right after the Tiger should block most of the dmg from whatever skill they choose to use as well as fill your HP up a bit... unless they are able to keep up, unlikely since you get two first hits on them, they will only stay once).

At level 4 is when I start making decisions... If I'm up against faster heroes I'll prioritize Bear over the others, if I'm easily pushing to their tower than the points go to Tiger to take it down faster, and if they are heavy on harrassing (which takes away either hp, mp, or gold depending on how you deal with it) Turtle. Phoenix is painfully underpowered at lower levels so I usually save it a few more level and then grab two points in it just to clear out creep during team fights (also makes for easy farming later when it isn't entirely safe to be pushing). Most of the time, I find myself taking the powers pretty evenly, often finding myself with two in each ability before finding what role the team needs me in.

Ruuha

12-20-2009

Udyr is very pleased with the new patch and the joy of Udyr that it bought!

Udyr has some questions about starting game and the different flavours of Udyr.

What are Udyr's sister and brothers most joyful starting item? Udyr likes to play physical damage/lifesteal and thinks Vamp secpter is a great way to go with Bear right off the bank. Udyr has found that Udyr will always get into a fight before minions appear and Udyr likes the combination on Bear, life-stealing and exaust. With another champion there is much Udyr pain to give out like gifts at an explosion holiday.

Udyr aggrees that turtle is the next stance to choose, but Udyr sees it like this. The more damage you do the more effective Turtle is, if Udyr has been buying lifesteal items then Udyr will get back even more health. Udyr likes staying alive and being in Udyr's lane. Udyr likes to run up and down his lane and creep.

Udyr likes Sheen as well but feels like Tri-force would only be something to shoot for when Udyr is laying Udyr hurt onto every one. Udyr likes this build:

- Vamp secpter
- Sheen
- Merc. treads. Never let them slow Udyr for more than a split second. Or if they chain slow you Udyr's pack mates will maul them while Udyr laughs in Turtle.
- BF sword
- Bloodthirster
- Glacial Shroud or Malady depending if Udyr is taking pelts or getting hunted
- Tri-force where you can fit it

Udyr is not sure about this, but Udyr thinks that the Malady damage componint works on all three hits of Tiger stance. It might only be applied on the first attack but Udyr noticed in a practice game that that was what was happening. If sister and brother Udyrs could help test this Udyr would be happy.

Udyr likes being able to react to the enimie but more than that Udyr likes to make the enimie react to Udyr. To help with this Udyr is requesting comments on Udys item build. Udyr maxes out Bear, Turtle and Tiger before looking at Pheniox. Udyr likes playing physical builds, please do not tell Udyr that AP is the way to go. Udyr conceeds that it might be chosen path of WTFpwn glory, Udyr wants feedback on physical builds so Udyr can attain beastial ownage of all!

futmeK1VYvImO7RT

12-20-2009

NoobFisher

12-21-2009

Udyr Brothers and sisters, the time to rejoice has come. New patch has made use wise and strong. Udyr has just raped face and carried team to victory in his last game. Udyr is not sure of what build to use now but am going with malady bersekers, trinity force and then was going for infinities before all enemies of udyr surrendered to his new mighty form

Dulhyra

12-21-2009

Udyr brethren, Udyr is happy to say that he has joined his brothers and sisters in unleashing Udyr's rage upon his enemies. Though, Udyr follows the phage -> berserker's boots -> trinity force build. Udyr has issues with the early game. Udyr doesn't get many enemy faces to beat in. Udyr was curious if his brothers and sisters had similiar issues with weak early game and strong late game?

HackerJacks

12-21-2009

Udyr has added a runes and Masteries section. Udyr has also converted to Tiger Stance. It is all in the updated guide. Udyr also updated items.

Maal

12-22-2009

Udyr want to know what he should do when he is totally outplayed on a lane. He recently went against a super agressive Ashe that would target him as soon as he got near creeps and shoot him thought them, and a invisible Shaco that hit like a truck the slowed Udyr. Turtle's shield cost too much mana at low level to be spammed, and getting near creeps to turtle regen is impossible.

Should Udyr just stand back and watch shaco/ashe last hit creeps while his own gold barely move?