[GUIDE] The Legend of Udyr

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

rEv3

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-09-2009

Udyr likes Rod of Ages

shadoom

12-09-2009

You know what, just because you guys keep talking in third person I'm actually gonna try playing Udyr.

I love Yoda, Gollum and now... Udyr

Udyr, force with you is I say.
Dirty little Udyr player want to steal my precious... No they are just trying to learn how to play him!!

Udyr shows his gratefulness to Hacker for this great guide.

HackerJacks

12-09-2009

Udyr will be updating guide soon. Including more item builds depending on game scenarios! More Tactics! More Udyr!

SonicTheHedgedawg

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-09-2009

I really really prefer an AP udyr build myself:
- Rod of Ages
- Mercury Treads/Ninja Tabi
- Nashor's Tooth
- Lich Bane
- Frozen Mallet
- Innervating Locket/Zhonya's ring (maybe even banshee's veil if things turn really sour)

most people don't expect the AP udyr, and it's just as threatening. it's just more threatening in Pheonix and Turtle stances.

pooyoo

12-09-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by HackerJacks View Post
The tiger active is good later on when you have damage so I do not get it up front. Phoenix will proc every three hits. You also will receive full crit damage in Phoenix where as in Tiger each mini hit has a chance to crit, lowering the total crit damage. Esp with sword of the divine you can get the 200 bonus from Phoenix then 100 from sword of the divine which is 300 bonus damage every four hits with full crits. Then pop into tiger for the nice double damage dot. Getting tiger before Phoenix IMO is not worth it because you need the damage proc to increase the dps and for help farming in lanes and jungle.

If you have an insanely high crit chance then I can see Tiger possibly working out. However, unless you are going raw DPS build, which I am not, then it works out better if you get Phoenix.

hi brother udyrs. udyr is quite positive that in tiger stance; critical strike, life drain etc. can proc only on 1st mini strike-meaning 1/3 less crit damage, 1/3 less drain life etc. tiger strike is quite terrible in udyr's opinion and udyr is ashamed to know this ability

SonicTheHedgedawg

12-09-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by pooyoo View Post
hi brother udyrs. udyr is quite positive that in tiger stance; critical strike, life drain etc. can proc only on 1st mini strike-meaning 1/3 less crit damage, 1/3 less drain life etc. tiger strike is quite terrible in udyr's opinion and udyr is ashamed to know this ability
Udyr likes that the active from tiger stance can overlap the passive of pheonix stance with CD redux.

with AP stacking, Udyr can hit harder faster and more often.

pooyoo

12-09-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonicTheHedgedawg View Post
Udyr likes that the active from tiger stance can overlap the passive of pheonix stance with CD redux.

with AP stacking, Udyr can hit harder faster and more often.

udyr must admit udyr has been himself only one time, so udyr shouldn't say udyr is ashamed. but udyr was very disappointed to find only 1st mini strike triggered crit or drain life, and udyr wants other udyrs to know this at the very least

rEv3

12-10-2009

Udyr likes to take his rageblade and practice swinging it at people before exploding in fire.

Phyrose

12-10-2009

the ap of udyr skills is not so great, so making an ap build is kinda useless i think

SonicTheHedgedawg

12-10-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phyrose View Post
the ap of udyr skills is not so great, so making an ap build is kinda useless i think
False

The AP of turtle scales at .5, meaning that udyr can take quite a beating every few seconds and not notice it.

And pheonix does not hit hard all at once, but since damage is over time, the scaling is fine.