[Guide] Kassadin - The Void Walker

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

AIM7Sparrow

12-08-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Senate View Post
Rod Stacking on Kassadin is highly viable, it's just that there's no reason not to toss in a Rylai's and a Void Staff.
it may have been very early on, but I honestly think it's a joke to do now. and where do these "top 5" ranks come from by the way? I think people are lacking the fundamental understanding of what Kassadin was created to do. Most people are making him an all around balanced character, giving him HP, banshee's veil, boots of mobility and whatnot.

I think Kassadin's true playstyle should revolve around quick and clean one shot combo's with riftwalk -> force pulse -> nullsphere. no one can get in and out as fast as he can. no one has such short cooldowns on such powerful ap stacking abilities. this really is his true calling. stack ap and mana so you can repeatedly hit and run with your massive AoE damage. other teammates should be distracting and tanking for you while you provide the massive burst damage every 7 seconds.

That's my take on him and that's why I feel a true AP/Mana stack Kassadin is the best way to play him. I can see how if you're pugging you might want to add a little extra HP since people in pugs tend to be rather selfish and lack any teamwork, but again I think mana helps you live longer than HP anyways. Again, I posted a link to my guide above. Try it out and tell me what you think. I'm sure you'll like it.

Gigg

12-08-2009

Totally agree with Sniperness. And it works, you are the carry each and every games. Rift + force pulse makes massive dmg if the enemy team is stacking up in a bush. Yes, you will die in the team fights, but you will have done enough dmg on the other team to make your team win it.

Bait

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-08-2009

the top 5 was given by zileas, one of riot's staff.

Rank Name Rating
---------------------------------------------------------------------
1 Akatosh 2232
2 cFangNasty 2222
3 MegaZero 2168
4 Phreak 2161
5 ReginaId 2144

i don't remember where the original post was, but i posted a copy before:
http://www.leagueoflegends.com/board...um+1983&page=3

AIM7Sparrow

12-08-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bait View Post
believe me, if i made a new account, i could pull off 15 win streaks with kass easy.
i lol'ed at this. it doesn't mean much. I'm sure any experienced player could make a new account and pull of 15 win streaks against a bunch of nubs. grats? and as for ranks, while that's great and all that a riot staff released them, ranks really won't mean much until we see the results of the first season. this is a team game after all.

Bait

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-08-2009

i meant that in response to gigg. pay attention.

you're gonna say when playing with 3/5 top players, ranks doesn't matter? you obviously havn't met any of the skilled players.

you should see how well megazero uses his potions. it's really really hard to play against him sometimes.

AIM7Sparrow

12-08-2009

alright well I'm not here to argue. all I can say is I've tried The Senate's build and a few others and then worked on my own and have had much more success with going glass cannon. and the reason I feel other people don't have success with it is because they fail to realize, YOU'RE GLASS! launch your combo and then gtfo of there. too many kassadin's try to get off a couple whacks of their blade or stack a couple riftwalks onto the enemy in the middle of a team fight. that's foolishness and I think the majority of kassadin players don't understand that. if the so called "top players" are doing the same thing by stacking rod of ages then I feel like they too lack the fundamental understanding of how a Kassadin should be played. (cue the flame wars)

Bait

12-08-2009

o.O i'm not gonna argue, do what works for you. only posted that to show you how top players play, not to say it is always the answer.

but i will say the item suggestion in this guide is trash. there's acceptable, arguable, and trash.

LostLegend

12-08-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gigg View Post
But, I must give you that, on a 1v1, against a low base health hero, if he doesnt have exhaust, it is probably strong cause you leech all mana pretty fast. still, it will only take down a few heroes, since some dont have any mana, some dont need to use it, etc. A tristana or any physical carry that went with full dmg/speed that made their buff? good luck outdamaging them.

But, just taught about something... Charging 5 rift walk with your built, considering you have enough mana to cast them, with take something like 20 seconds... Kinda lame to wait 20 seconds to engage someone... He WILL have backup or will have left the lane, or all your teammates will be dead before you finished charging up.
Well if any of those situations you say were to happen, its not like you can't change your tactics. Plus 20 seconds for traveling distance anyways and if its not done hit them with what you have.