[Guide] Kassadin - The Void Walker

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Bait

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-08-2009

o.O i've played most of the top players just stacking rod of ages and getting a pair of boots. everything else is just fluff.

AIM7Sparrow

12-08-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bait View Post
o.O i've played most of the top players just stacking rod of ages and getting a pair of boots. everything else is just fluff.
wait as in you played against top players who used kassadin or you played against players using kassadin yourself. because I seriously doubt any "top player" would simply stack rod of ages. (let alone even use kassadin *cough* needs a buff *cough*)

Gigg

12-08-2009

But, I must give you that, on a 1v1, against a low base health hero, if he doesnt have exhaust, it is probably strong cause you leech all mana pretty fast. still, it will only take down a few heroes, since some dont have any mana, some dont need to use it, etc. A tristana or any physical carry that went with full dmg/speed that made their buff? good luck outdamaging them.

But, just taught about something... Charging 5 rift walk with your built, considering you have enough mana to cast them, with take something like 20 seconds... Kinda lame to wait 20 seconds to engage someone... He WILL have backup or will have left the lane, or all your teammates will be dead before you finished charging up.

AIM7Sparrow

12-08-2009

I've created a very extensive and thorough guide on everything Kassadin and I feel like I truly understand his role in any solid team.

http://www.leagueoflegends.com/board...ad.php?t=33383

It's rather long so you can skip ahead to the items/gameplay section and tell me what you think if you don't feel like reading it all.

AIM7Sparrow

12-08-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gigg View Post
But, I must give you that, on a 1v1, against a low base health hero, if he doesnt have exhaust, it is probably strong cause you leech all mana pretty fast. still, it will only take down a few heroes, since some dont have any mana, some dont need to use it, etc. A tristana or any physical carry that went with full dmg/speed that made their buff? good luck outdamaging them.

But, just taught about something... Charging 5 rift walk with your built, considering you have enough mana to cast them, with take something like 20 seconds... Kinda lame to wait 20 seconds to engage someone... He WILL have backup or will have left the lane, or all your teammates will be dead before you finished charging up.
charging riftwalks at your fountain is generally not a good idea, however fun it may be. you waste too much time doing it and arent helping your team. there are cases however when it becomes necessary. if all of your team except you is dead however and the enemy is pushing an inhibitor you might just want to stack riftwalks and teleport over to them and try to kill as many people as you can with a riftx10 + forcepulse. (i've done it before, it's fun lol)

The Senate

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-08-2009

A Kassadin who can't kill steal without impunity is not a Kassadin worth playing.

I wish builds like this could be viable, but they're really not.

Bait

12-08-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniperness View Post
wait as in you played against top players who used kassadin or you played against players using kassadin yourself. because I seriously doubt any "top player" would simply stack rod of ages. (let alone even use kassadin *cough* needs a buff *cough*)
i've done/seen just rod of ages.
here's a screenshot of top players, it's old though:

http://www.leagueoflegends.com/board...4&d=1257199115
phreak/reginaid are both in top 5 if you didn't know, so is akatosh (current #1), he wasn't at the time.

so i didn't do so well and didn't JUST use rod, point is still valid. well, i guess i did well considering the assist.

The Senate

12-08-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniperness View Post
Rod Stacking on Kassadin is highly viable, it's just that there's no reason not to toss in a Rylai's and a Void Staff.

Bait

12-08-2009

well... considering how force pulse is far more effective than rylai and kassadin needs the mp, i wouldn't use rylai on kassadin. void staff is good though.

Gigg

12-08-2009

Still havnt used rod of age on my kass, and I managed to be quite successful with mine. See attached file.