Dr. Mundo

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

KingsRight

12-07-2009

Needs nerf. seems like everyone does so well with him and they can hardly try and still are hard to kill. They stack armors only and yet still kill too easy with him.

I suggest that the Dr. be changed so that he is a hero that doesn't do jack for damage unless he buys AP or physical damage.

he's already hard to kill without stacking armors. but when he stacks them he's nearly impossible to kill. tanks just should not be encourged to overdo the tanking if they want to deal damage.

being a surpreme meat-shield should mean you are sacrificing killing ability so the team can instead.

balanced games don't make heros that walk fast, deal massive damage and tank well. a balanced game gives more weaknesses so there are more tradeoffs.

how i would fix him?"

Probably something along the lines of making him a tiny bit slower and halfen all his damage abilities to make him a less efficient killer based on them alone. Also give a little bit of +AP damage to his spells so there is a little encouragement to try other items. That would allow him to regain his damaging ability at the expense of item slots for AP stuff instead of only high hp armors with big regen.

Hiclic

12-07-2009

Huh? If you have an issue with armor...buy armor pen? Last Whisper, Brutalizer, Divine Sword, Black Cleaver, etc.

Mundo already runs off AP, it's just so ****py it's not feasible to ever add to it. He also doesn't do phenomenal damage. With a full tanking build + Atmas + Masochism you'll be at around 300 damage for the duration of the buff. The rest comes from using his health stack and regen to do AoE pulse damage.

Audiorage

12-07-2009

His damage isn't the problem IMO, it's how once he farms up a quick mogs it takes AT LEAST 3 people to kill him, other then that he seems pretty well balanced.

God SoRcuS

12-07-2009

/Troll

Dagorath

12-07-2009

What about the "Machete" thing?, looks like the cost is a joke and the cd is... well, theres no cd, sometimes i use a short cooldown ability and he uses like 4 machetes for every cooldown of my char.

GNOY

12-08-2009

Nerf soraka

AmyOverlord

12-08-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dagorath View Post
What about the "Machete" thing?, looks like the cost is a joke and the cd is... well, theres no cd, sometimes i use a short cooldown ability and he uses like 4 machetes for every cooldown of my char.
That would be infected Cleaver. e_e

The reason it does so much is that it takes 20% of your health for a minimum of 280 damage at Lv5. Not to mention his Burning Agony and Masochism (or whatever) takes A LOT of his HP away.

It has a 4s CD, so if it's spammed, he's taking his health off..fast.

Lockedbob

12-08-2009

So you're telling me that all tanks are supposed to be nerfed just because they can deal damage as well? Then let's nerf Jax as well cause he dodges everything and stuns you for hitting him. Rammus deals 165(+ap) damage per second to everyone around him and that's just his ultimate. Yes Mundo is supposed to be annoying god ****it so you would focus him first. Buy armor pen and madred bloodrazor if you have issues with him. It's dumb to say a tank is hard to kill if he adds armor... Dooh what the hell would you expect getting penalties for buying items on tanks? Is it just me or are you crying because he's smashing your Ashe/Katarina/insert squishy carry wannabe here?

Bring some arguments to the table and some valid ones next time.

GarwooD

12-08-2009

infected cleaver is also directional and not targeted and fairly easy to dodge. just get behind a creep or juke around. dont run in a straight line away from him by just clicking on your base go through the brush or sometrhing. When he come with his possy dont attack him first since his damage out put is rather low instead kill the weaker DPS behind him. It's not like even has any kind of good CC anyway just leave him for last hes rather aweful if his ulti isnt up.

KingsRight

12-08-2009

okay, when i said "armor" i meant armors that give high HP and high regen like MOG. That's all they do is stack those and they are impossible to kill because mundo already has his own regen + their regens. you dont even notice his life go down when he throws his cleaver. it should be more significant.

So there needs to be incentive to get him to actually consider using other builds than straight hp regen and the way to do that is destroy his ability to kill effectively by choosing to stack MOGS.

currently when they do this it takes an entire team to nail him and meanwhile he still takes out 1 or 2 enemies down along with him.

perhaps mundo should also lose % hp to cast his cleaver instead of a set amount so that he always feels it.

So yes, i think he needs nerf. he currently has the best of too much. he doesn't have to worry about mana as he spends life... only one stat that he must worry about.. and he already has too much of. and so he is encouraged to just keep stacking that one stat and everything will go easy for him. that HP is his mana, that's his protection.. that's his damage .. all wrapped into one stat, making no need to diversify builds.