Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

I ragequit last night...

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

SomniumProxy

11-10-2010

Quote:
Stillhart:
Thanks, that's some good food for thought. To take the discussion a step further, it's looking like F2P with micro-transactions is becoming the norm for multiplayer online games. At what point can I claim to be a paying customer with the commensurate status? I've paid $40 into this game so far, does that mean I deserve a special queue separate from the F2P players? Will that queue be full of players with more skill or a better mindset? When there is no more pay barrier, can players ever "demand compensation for a negative experience?"

He has a point, but don't go too far. If you play enough games and reach a certain level, most of your games will be leaver/afk free and quite enjoyable. Speaking from experience

Stillhart

11-10-2010

Quote:
SomniumProxy:
He has a point, but don't go too far. If you play enough games and reach a certain level, most of your games will be leaver/afk free and quite enjoyable. Speaking from experience

It was more of a thought experiment than a serious question. And like my original post states, I now hate quitters (people who surrender before the outcome is inevitable) more than leavers/afkers. I prefer playing with people who will try to win as long as there may still be a chance.

To me, winning a tough game is more fun than stomping a bad team. If you never bother playing out tough games, you'll never win one. You certainly won't get any better just playing people that are worse than you. I hope that some of the new players here will read this and decide try to put forth the effort it takes to play through tough games. *shrug*

DriftingSmoke

11-10-2010

Surrender does have its place though, the other day I was playing as Morgana and my team play was absolutely making the game, I was called in to work early, told the players in the game this, and called a surrender vote, at the idea of being deprived of their main stun / magic shield provider, they chose to surrender. Was that bad? No, not really, r/l takes precedence over LoL of course, and me telling the game this and giving them the option to end the game rather than sit and be ground to death in a 4v5 is better than me just vanishing from the game, at least, I think so.

ChaosX1

11-11-2010

I generally just surrender when my team auto-locks their squishies (and it usually is a bad decision on their part as we get owned hard) or someone on our team D/Cs. But mind, I usually do wait a bit and see how it's going. Sometimes I do win a 2 v 3 (rarely but yeah) and sometimes their teammate d/cs and it's a 2 v 2. Sometimes our teammate reconnects real fast (I don't know about you, but it usually takes me 4-5 minutes max... I see people take 15+ minutes o_o). Sometimes my teammate surrenders and I still want to fight (so I deny them and we do win sometimes amusingly :P)...

The only time when I surrender in a practically "even" match is when someone (me/teammate(s)) feed hard so that even a 3 v 1 has casualties but I think a lot of people would surrender in that situation.