I ragequit last night...

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

SomniumProxy

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-10-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stillhart View Post
Thanks, that's some good food for thought. To take the discussion a step further, it's looking like F2P with micro-transactions is becoming the norm for multiplayer online games. At what point can I claim to be a paying customer with the commensurate status? I've paid $40 into this game so far, does that mean I deserve a special queue separate from the F2P players? Will that queue be full of players with more skill or a better mindset? When there is no more pay barrier, can players ever "demand compensation for a negative experience?"
He has a point, but don't go too far. If you play enough games and reach a certain level, most of your games will be leaver/afk free and quite enjoyable. Speaking from experience

Stillhart

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-10-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by SomniumProxy View Post
He has a point, but don't go too far. If you play enough games and reach a certain level, most of your games will be leaver/afk free and quite enjoyable. Speaking from experience
It was more of a thought experiment than a serious question. And like my original post states, I now hate quitters (people who surrender before the outcome is inevitable) more than leavers/afkers. I prefer playing with people who will try to win as long as there may still be a chance.

To me, winning a tough game is more fun than stomping a bad team. If you never bother playing out tough games, you'll never win one. You certainly won't get any better just playing people that are worse than you. I hope that some of the new players here will read this and decide try to put forth the effort it takes to play through tough games. *shrug*

ClownInMilkTruck

11-10-2010

Surrender does have its place though, the other day I was playing as Morgana and my team play was absolutely making the game, I was called in to work early, told the players in the game this, and called a surrender vote, at the idea of being deprived of their main stun / magic shield provider, they chose to surrender. Was that bad? No, not really, r/l takes precedence over LoL of course, and me telling the game this and giving them the option to end the game rather than sit and be ground to death in a 4v5 is better than me just vanishing from the game, at least, I think so.

ChaosX1

11-11-2010

I generally just surrender when my team auto-locks their squishies (and it usually is a bad decision on their part as we get owned hard) or someone on our team D/Cs. But mind, I usually do wait a bit and see how it's going. Sometimes I do win a 2 v 3 (rarely but yeah) and sometimes their teammate d/cs and it's a 2 v 2. Sometimes our teammate reconnects real fast (I don't know about you, but it usually takes me 4-5 minutes max... I see people take 15+ minutes o_o). Sometimes my teammate surrenders and I still want to fight (so I deny them and we do win sometimes amusingly :P)...

The only time when I surrender in a practically "even" match is when someone (me/teammate(s)) feed hard so that even a 3 v 1 has casualties but I think a lot of people would surrender in that situation.