Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Why Morgana is not Evil.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Galgus

01-21-2013

Quote:
GammaStorm:
This is a classic argument in psychology. Behaviorists believe that, regardless of the purpose or motivation, the how is more important that the why. This is because the how is the only observable, concrete data you have. If someone says "I'm trying to save the world" then blows up a preschool, then they are still seen as "evil" even if they are motivated by some sense of justice or "good". In this sense, Morganna is driven by revenge and an intense hate as well as fighting for a paradigm shift against the oppressive angels, but that wouldn't be what mattered. She fights with dark arts that focus on binding, corruption, and causing pain. In this sense she is "evil". On the other hand, Kayle's fighting style has some damaging skills, but it has equal parts healing and protective qualities. Since she saves her allies, she is seen as more "good". All in all, though, it does come down to a combination of motivations and behaviors. Morganna owns a bakery chain for crying out loud, so I wouldn't call her "evil".

Does healing and protections automatically equal good and spells meant to harm automatically show their user to be evil?

In the end, Kayle and Morgana both kill their enemies: they just use different methods and draw power from different sources.

Nekron9

01-22-2013

Kayle's lore showed herself as a shining knight that was always in the right and that Morgana was the most evil thing in the world.
Morgana's lore showed a differant light. Morgana sided with these "rebel" angels because she believed in individual freedom and that Kayle was the one cut off all ties with Morgana and possibly damaged her wings.
Also, to those bring up the topic of Morgana using dark magic. Yes, her spells are harmful, but look at the other champions who use magic not all of them are evil, yet there magic can still be harmful.

Spartan Buddhist

01-22-2013

Well, Kayle is shown to still care for Morgana as shown in this official artwork, where it is stated that Kayle is trying to save Morgana from falling:

So I wouldn't really brand either of them as evil, just two kinds of good.

SUPERSEYMOUR

01-25-2013

Quote:
MighMoS:
I'm pretty sure Morgana is the good one:
her q: binds an enemy, preventing them from meleeing one of her allies.
her w: places a protective ward on the ground, discouraging foes from approaching
her e: protects her target from all ill effects, except physical damage
her r: is retribution for those who would attack her, allowing her allies to escape after a mere 2.5 seconds.

Compared to Kayle:
her q: blasts an opponent slowing them and making them take more damage from Kayle, clearly an initiating move.
her w: revitalizes an ally, giving health and movement speed so that they can charge in and beat the **** out of someone (synergizes with q)
her e: allows her to reign down destruction from great distances; a cowardly yet destructive move if ever there was one.
her r: MY ALLY CAN BEAT THE **** OUT OF YOU WITHOUT ANY FEAR OF PUNISHMENT!

Kayle is clearly the evil force intent on destruction, where as Morgana is all about protecting her allies and her bakery from the forces of evil (she just happens to use black magic).

this could go either way
Kayle - Q: slows an enemy, allowing for an easier time subduing them - W: heals and speeds up an ally or herself, allowing for a quick escape or to chase down a fleeing criminal - E: Ignites Kayle's sword, allowing her to engage very dangerous enemies from a range - R: provides immunity to damage, potentially saving the life of an ally or herself
Morgana - Q: snares an enemy, allowing Morgana to land her other spells without even having to aim - W: corrupts the land, damaging any enemies unfortunate enough to be standing there (great synergy with Q) - E: protects her from any magical retaliation, rendering any mages helpless against her - R: steals the life from any enemies unfortunate enough to remain close to her (great synergy with Q and W)

Hasako

01-26-2013

Quote:
YES YOU CANTHEON:
Well, Kayle is shown to still care for Morgana as shown in this official artwork, where it is stated that Kayle is trying to save Morgana from falling:

So I wouldn't really brand either of them as evil, just two kinds of good.

You sure Kayle isnt just trying to grab Morgan so she can stick her unsheathed sword through her??

Spartan Buddhist

01-27-2013

Quote:
Hasako:
You sure Kayle isnt just trying to grab Morgan so she can stick her unsheathed sword through her??

Well, apparently it is stated that Kayle is trying to save her sister. They appear to be in freefall, and Morgana can't fly (although this seems to be inconsistent). Kayle is also reaching out to grab Morgana's extended hand.

Sucn

01-05-2014

what u guys fail to understand is that it is the opposite way around. Morgana is a "fallen angel" in other words a DEMON. and kayle is a angel. u gave some quotes and this is what they mean. "Share my torment." means shes in hell and wants you to suffer in hell too. "You too will be judged." means shes been judged already by god and you will be to on judgement day. i am not a religous person but even a blind man can see that morgana is evil. so are almost all the champions who are displayed as DEMONS with devil horns and red eyes. open your eyes people.

SecretLore

01-06-2014

Quote:
Sucn:
what u guys fail to understand is that it is the opposite way around. Morgana is a "fallen angel" in other words a DEMON. and kayle is a angel. u gave some quotes and this is what they mean. "Share my torment." means shes in hell and wants you to suffer in hell too. "You too will be judged." means shes been judged already by god and you will be to on judgement day. i am not a religous person but even a blind man can see that morgana is evil. so are almost all the champions who are displayed as DEMONS with devil horns and red eyes. open your eyes people.

lol sounds almost as if you are joking.
First of all:
A fallen angel is not always considered a demon nor do they need to be evil,these things depend on the respective fantasy world and since morgana is not called demon,it is safe to assume that she isn't one.

Then there is nothing that indicates that morgana needed to enter hell to become a fallen angel nor is there anything that there even exists a hell in runeterra.By the way she lives in noxus,so unless noxus is hell,she doesn't reside there anyway.

And about that judging stuff:She was probably judged by other angels(maybe kayle?not sure about it),because she rebeled against the leaders of the angels

IMSOJUICY

01-06-2014

I don't think Morg is evil. She might be League's version of a Tea Party activist, however.

Xulsigae

01-11-2014

Order at any price and freedom at any price are both extremes.