Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Why Morgana is not Evil.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

LeonHetheWriter

11-12-2010

Thanks for the traffic on my story, even if it is badly in need of a rewrite.

Echeloko

11-12-2010

I think Kayle is like Suzaku from Code Geass and Morgana is like Lelouche/zero

Klinkin

11-12-2010

Quote:
Echeloko:
I think Kayle is like Suzaku from Code Geass and Morgana is like Lelouche/zero

Interesting comparison.
I'm going to argue that Morgana is evil, but was not always so. For one reason or another (strongly hinted at in her lore as dissatisfaction with the rule of angels, but for some reason her having a forbidden lover seems to come up a lot), Morgana chose to start employing the magic of Runeterra, and I'm pretty sure that magic was the darker arts favored by Noxus or Zaun. Anyway, I'm pretty sure that prolonged exposure to such magic can twist the soul, and, as an angel from a world with no such magic, Morgana would be even more vulnerable. As they say, absolute power corrupts absolutely. Kayle may not exactly be truly good, per se, but fights for her people and to maintain order. I can't find fault there, and she's well aware that what she does is ugly, but it has to be done anyway.

Amiithystine

11-12-2010

They are both AMPM (the store) Their slogan being "To much good stuff"

Kayle is To much righteous fury and Morgana is to much rebellious freedom.

AMPM, To much good stuff.

Brockrascolov

11-25-2010

What would make Morgana less "evil"? Morgana Plushies. /sage nod

v3rgil

11-26-2010

hmm i may need to add this..

lets compare them with the eastern ying and yang symbol, because i ve given this a thought before and this is what i came up with: nothing about them is absolute

kayle, as stated above, uses powers with a "good" nature (aka holy powers) to preserve and hold the order, giving her the color of white BUT by doing so, she MUST make the others obey to the law of her superiors, by using force and in a tyranical way, so that also gives her the black dot in the white symbol

now about morgana, she does use dark arts to acomplish her goals and by inflicting pain on others, thas granting her the black part BUT its for the sake of freedom and she MAY help other people from escaping a tyranical force (like kayle's or demacia's) and as stated above, she even has a bakery xD so we cant consider her "chaotic evil".thats where the white dot comes

(btw this would make an awesome fan art picture dont you think? )

HereticalWarlock

02-14-2011

I think that Kayle is not evil, she simply follow the angels' own brand of justice in a blind fashion without questioning them. Nevertheless, Morgana is not entirely innocent. Her lore states that she conspires with Valoran's Summoners from the League of Legends to enslave the angels, therefore avenging herself.

I am more sympathetic to Kayle (maybe because my favourite unit in Heroes of Might and Magic 3 is Archangels? ). I think if Kayle ever suspects the angels' "justice," she will understand why the rebels label the angels "tyrants," and perhaps switch side?

Xtazed

01-21-2013

Quote:
MighMoS:
I'm pretty sure Morgana is the good one:
her q: binds an enemy, preventing them from meleeing one of her allies.
her w: places a protective ward on the ground, discouraging foes from approaching
her e: protects her target from all ill effects, except physical damage
her r: is retribution for those who would attack her, allowing her allies to escape after a mere 2.5 seconds.

Compared to Kayle:
her q: blasts an opponent slowing them and making them take more damage from Kayle, clearly an initiating move.
her w: revitalizes an ally, giving health and movement speed so that they can charge in and beat the **** out of someone (synergizes with q)
her e: allows her to reign down destruction from great distances; a cowardly yet destructive move if ever there was one.
her r: MY ALLY CAN BEAT THE **** OUT OF YOU WITHOUT ANY FEAR OF PUNISHMENT!

Kayle is clearly the evil force intent on destruction, where as Morgana is all about protecting her allies and her bakery from the forces of evil (she just happens to use black magic).

NECRO'ED
But really i'm not sure if you're sarcastic here but that made me laugh

Sadistic Lulu

Recruiter

01-21-2013

Morgana is more dark than actually evil, if you consider her point of view. And plus, Kayle kinda sound like an evil tyrant who wears light/hero-ish themed outfits... am I wrong?

Galgus

01-21-2013

Quote:
Munchlord:
I'd say it is very much a point of view question. What you suggest is very much a possible scenario. Lastly, Riot seems to make a point out of both demonstrating the good/evil stereotypes, but preserve a large moral grey zone and prevent there from being truely GOOD or EVIL sides. Some people are obviously nasty, amoral people (Veigar, Vlad, Warwick etc.), but the seemingly good ones (Garen/lux for instance) are not that good after all (see Lux' judgement.). So yeah, it's probably very much a point of view thing.

From the old JoJ, Veigar doesn't have much real malice.

He tried to steal the Bandle City mothership for some convoluted, over-complicated plan to remove a sense of unity from his fellow yordles, but despite his great power for harm didn't actually hurt anyone and was foiled by Teemo popping balloons.

(Unless you count emotional harm from stealing stuff like balloons.)

I don't think that Veigar is really evil at heart or would really kill an innocent outside the Fields of Justice, but rather is struggling with deep emotional scars and sees playing the villain as a way to deal with it.

Of course, that doesn't mean he isn't an incredibly dangerous mage, but he uses that power more like a pesky miscreant than a truly evil villain.