Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Why Morgana is not Evil.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

SethCypher

11-10-2010

Quote:
MighMoS:
Kayle is clearly the evil force intent on destruction, where as Morgana is all about protecting her allies and her bakery from the forces of evil (she just happens to use black magic).

Kayle's R and W doesn't exactly match "destructive" part.

MighMoS

11-10-2010

Quote:
SethCypher:
Kayle's R and W doesn't exactly match "destructive" part.

Oh I'm pretty sure it does. Throw w (her speed buff, which has a healing side effect from your body not only moving, but recovering faster) with invulnerability on Master Yi, and you'll see a truckload of destruction come your way quite expediently.

If only there was a Morgana near by who could stop this said monstrosity in his tracks...

SethCypher

11-10-2010

Quote:
MighMoS:
Oh I'm pretty sure it does. Throw w (her speed buff, which has a healing side effect from your body not only moving, but recovering faster) with invulnerability on Master Yi, and you'll see a truckload of destruction come your way quite expediently.

If only there was a Morgana near by who could stop this said monstrosity in his tracks...

But...Morgana's Shield could also result in a Master Yi destroying everything.

Echeloko

11-10-2010

Quote:
SethCypher:
But...Morgana's Shield could also result in a Master Yi destroying everything.

Master Yi is the true evil. xD

I think Kayle is not evil also, but she was raised to uphold divine law and she follows it no matter what. I like the idea that kayle killed morgana's love and that's why she rebels. Maybe a nice "ending" would be like by a dramatic situation for example, Morgana is going to get slain by an evil guy who is also following the gods orders and Kayle ends up defending her sister thus rebeling to the gods herself. And then they join forces and =D

Masonry

11-10-2010

If Kayle works for the recognized leadership of the angle world they come from and Morgan is leading an apparently violent rebellion I would have to say that Morgan seems more evil. No mater how just her goals are they will lead to no lasting change. IRL violence in terms of terrorism or war accomplishes usually very little except death and destruction and it isn't until people sit down and talk to one another willing to make compromises on both sides that lasting peace can be made.

That is considering that Kayle's side in the angle war isn't an evil totalitarian government interested in its own goals and not the well being of its people.

Until more information is available about the what each side wants exactly and why, I can only say that Morgan seems more evil because she is fighting an established government. And Kayle is working with an established government.

Munchlord

11-10-2010

Quote:
Masonry:
That is considering that Kayle's side in the angle war isn't an evil totalitarian government interested in its own goals and not the well being of its people.

I think that from Morgana's point of view, Kayle's Angel regime is just that evil totalitarian own goal government. Likewise, I don't think Hitler Jugend (this being an example) thought of the Nazi government as evil.

Again, point of view.

MighMoS

11-10-2010

Quote:
Munchlord:
I think that from Morgana's point of view, Kayle's Angel regime is just that evil totalitarian own goal government. Likewise, I don't think Hitler Jugend (this being an example) thought of the Nazi government as evil.

Again, point of view.

Kayle does have blonde hair, blue eyes. So if we make Hitler analogies, I'm pretty sure Kayle falls into the evil category.

Echeloko

11-10-2010

It's a fact that on every topic discussing good or bad , it always comes to an analogy with hitler or the nazis.

Munchlord

11-10-2010

Quote:
Echeloko:
It's a fact that on every topic discussing good or bad , it always comes to an analogy with hitler or the nazis.

Because Hitler/nazis is the most known totalitarian regime and what they did is super super similar to the modus operandi of most of the super zealous paragon of [insert religion/belief/justice] characters/societies around.

According to Fantasy goodness beliefs:
Fighting evil -> killing demons (or orcs, or monsters or whatever)

According to Nazis:
Fighting evil -> killing Jews

The main difference in most traditional fantasy settings is that there is an indisputable way to determine if someone is good or evil that makes for a very black and white setting (Detect evil/good in DnD, Allied with Sauron/the elves in Lord of the Rings etc.). While in real life, this is obviosly not the case.

So far, there is no indication that there is any such surefire verification processes in League of Legends. Actually, their demonstration of the different points of view in the Kayle - Morgana dispute and the revelations in Lux' judgement about the indoctrinative/oppressive darker side of Demacia, Riot are very strongly indicating that there is no such foolproof black and white measures.

Istarune

11-11-2010

Having Summoned both Kayle and Morgana on repeated occasions I must say I believe it is an argument about degrees of justice and the freedom to choose.

Unfortunately the sisters have split to extremes on the issue, once upon a time they stood united...

While neither have admitted anything, I'm convinced from my encounters that it was Kayle who brutally ripped apart Morgana's wings...the pain from those wounds.

I cannot help but empathize with dear Morgana, but still she carries on, even working to move on to constructive thing after her brutal treatment (her scones are to die for).

~Istarune the Green, Summoner of the Zuan/Noxian Alliance