Kayle, Is she weak?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Vaaz

12-07-2009

Ive been trying this hero out lately. She seems like she needs somthing more.

Divine Blessing seems very lack luster.
Heals for 200 at level 5 and increases movement speed by 16% for 20 seconds. Has a 1:1 ratio. 15 Second cool-down.

Can we add a heal over time in conjuction with the upfront heal. The burst stays small, but gives some added healing bonus.

Reckoning - her balanced skill with an added slow, its good.

Righteous Fury - This skill should be a double skill. Half active/half passive.
Passive - Increases her attack speed by 2/4/6/8/10% and gives 10/20/30/40/50% Cleave.

When activated she gains the ranged attack with the added bonus damage, and she will have the current cleave(splash) damage from the passive.

This will increase her farm poitential and she wont suck as much.

Her Passive needs to be reworked or changed. Possibly when Any kill, assist, or allie death witin range happens, she gains 15% attack speed. It would be active more, but with a less bonus.

I still think it should be somthing completly diffrent, Kayle has 3 spamable spells, i think it should have an effect whenever kayle casts a spell, somthing happens.

Possible ideas could be, increased attack speed for a short duration, allies get a buff, allies get healed, an aura is applied and gets stronger as spells are cast.

These are my ideas, if anything, her cleave should be permently passive to help her farm.

God SoRcuS

12-07-2009

Yes, I believe she is been pushed in the wrong direction and kinda weak. But wouldn't go as far as saying useless. She is neither here nor there tbh.

IEatBabies

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-07-2009

I'm not a fan of the new Kayle. She still doesn't farm well unless you are extremely good at farming or your opponents are lackluster.

Her new passive doesn't seem to be all the good.

AdHominem

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

12-07-2009

I like Kayle, you just have to last hit with her VERY well. No one tower dives better than her

WAAAGHH

12-07-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdHominem View Post
I like Kayle, you just have to last hit with her VERY well. No one tower dives better than her
Tryndamere does. But she is good at it.

Vaaz

12-08-2009

Updated some changes in Orig post

The Senate

12-08-2009

They need to convert Kayle into a melee/ranged hybrid physical DPS champion. She needs to be less mana reliant and the damage scaling to her flaming sword needs to scale to something other then AP.

Flaggro

12-08-2009

Veil + Nashor's + Rageblade = Dangerous Kayle.

She might be slightly underpowered, but I don't feel she's "weak" at all. Early game she has great lane presence; midgame she's a solid ganker (especially because she allows tower dives--for anyone). Lategame, she begins to get lackluster, it's true. Her ult can turn the tide of many team battles, but it won't necessarily. Because she's not that great of a farmer (she's probably been hopping around the map supporting everyone else), she doesn't usually have the items to make her very dangerous in a team fight. Nevertheless, 10 seconds of wailing away with righteous fury can hurt a lot, and the massive range on her ult makes her quite useful.

There are better hybrid/support champs out there, but Kayle doesn't need buffing very urgently.

Edit: I agree about her passive--kinda sucks. By the time two of your team are dead, you've probably already used your abilities and can safely be ignored.

Wreckedem

12-08-2009

Ive played Kayle a lot, mostly because shes a great support character when i play with my friends. She is incredibly annoying with her Blessing and Intervention but she really sucks at farming most of the game. Most games that i played as Kayle turned out to be a victory because i would go for Pure tank items such as Warmogs and Force of Nature with Atma's and become almost unkillable in those games

Klinkin

12-08-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flaggro View Post
Veil + Nashor's + Rageblade = Dangerous Kayle.
As you acknowledge in your own post, Kayle's not going to have those items anytime soon. I think the best way to get those would be start with Sapphire Crystal, make a Catalyst (same start as Reginald's build, btw), then work on Nashor's, the Rageblade, then finish the Veil. Problem is, by the time you get that the game is almost over. I find that even if I stay in one lane the entire time, I'm underfed despite being decently leveled.
As to address the points brought up in the first post, yes, Kayle is most certainly underpowered. The general consensus was that she was underpowered before the last patch, which carried a serious nerf for her alongside a minor buff (I'm not going to call the AS boost a buff because her passive no longer carries the AS aura, which was better early/mid-game and boosted teammates). Really, she no longer has a place on a team; Soraka and Taric can support better (Taric can also tank almost as well), Cho'Gath and other bulky champs can tank better, and the game is rife with better DPS heroes. None of them have the exact combination of abilities Kayle has, but her versatility is undermined by her lack of power.