Rofl community

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Noobshock

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-09-2010

So hey I'm about to reach level 30 which IMO is still "new" since I really haven't played any ranked games and am barely reaching full mastery points.

Now, I hear some people argue that the community in LOL is not as bad as HON.

Yearite...

Just about half my games, players just start crying over the slightest mistake, be it from myself or someone else, and the complainer generally isn't doing any better himself. On rare occasions, there is actually a guy who is playing noticeably better getting mad. But that's one out of hundreds... The guys that look like they play well aren't usually the ones who complain either. It's basically mediocre players whining about other mediocre players all the **** time. Cry cry cry, whine whine whine. In unfathomable amounts.

Once in a while, if it's late and I'm getting tired, I just start intentionally feeding the other team to end the game quicker if the whining gets too obnoxious. Do I really want to try hard to save the situation for a bunch of tards all crying about me and/or each other? You bet your ass I don't.

So I stop giving a ****, and then the whiners are all like OMG REPORT OMG. Gotta love it.

I mean the game is great. I don't think I'm that bad, although I'm clearly not awesome, but I can hold my own. The amount of whining though, omg.. is there an option to just mute the **** chat so I can enjoy the game and just PING to communicate and not have to even interact with the cesspool of middle-schoolers that play this game?

colloquial

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Emissary of the League

11-09-2010

/ignore "player's name" mutes that player.
/ignore ally mutes everyone on your team
/ignore enemy mutes everyone on the other team
/ignore all mutes everyone.

Noobshock

11-09-2010

that's 4 different names to /ignore every game... but if that's what it takes I guess I'll have /ignore ready in my clipboard -_-

edit: thanks alot!
Though it may seem like a bad solution because it punishes good teammates, I find having your own team spend its time berating each other is a lot worse than actually losing (which is probably supposed to happen 50% of the time with proper matchmaking anyway).

I'll take more losses and NO WHINING. Yes please.

Orharnah

11-09-2010

I am not normally in games that involve berating, but when it does happen I generally just ignore them (not /ignore mind you because they may say something important once or twice)

If it gets very bad, report them after the game

xpsychedelico

11-10-2010

Intentionally feeding the other team only harms yourself, I recommend you don't do it again. I understand your frustration, but what you are doing doesn't help. If you receive too many reports, Riot can and will ban you for your behavior. You can't control what others are doing, but you can control yourself, so make the right decisions.

Also, as colloquial said, you can /ignore ally to mute your entire team.

Moon Stone

11-10-2010

I agree with xpsychedelico, do not intentionally feed or it can and will lead to a ban.