Best jungling runes for Kayle

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Poopexplosion

03-10-2011

I know it's far from optimal, but for right now i'm normal and we often lack one, and Kayle's my main so I figured what the hey. What would help ease it a bit?

DumbGenius

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-10-2011

Er, does it even work?

I can't think of any way in which that will be smooth without some really really specialized rune page.

Rooke

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-10-2011

go go youtube... found it in 2 seconds, checked the month so its relatively recent considering patches, here it is.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=miQ5qj1oyeI

Poopexplosion

03-10-2011

I don't mind really really specialized. As for that youtube video, I appreciate it but the creator says her reckoning is physical damage, so how much he knows about Kayle is specious, at best.

Cenerae

03-10-2011

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e9TQ3-MKFHM

Skip to 1:26.

Yeah it's old, and was done before they buffed the golem's MR, but it should be a good starting point. Not sure if you could follow the same route now without dying, because of the MR buffs. Perhaps switching to a defensive mastery build might work though, it's been a very long time since I fiddled with a Kayle jungle setup.

Chances are very good you might want to just start at blue with a team mate assisting you partway. It goes pretty smoothly after that.

kwjnfkjsdg

03-10-2011

kayle's one of my mains too, and i believe she CAN jungle effectively. but she MUST start at blue buff, and to be able to take down gole at lvl 1 she will need a very specific rune page. her base AS is very low, so AS runes are optimal, for marks and/or quints. armor seals are a must. other than that, i'd get mana regen blues, since glyphs dont specialize in any runes that will actually help your jungling (considering u have blue buff).

i have tried jungle kayle before. i believe i ran ghost and smite, exhaust can potentially work too in the place of ghost, and just ran my warwick runes. she's an ok ganker due to reckoning, but she has really really weak dps early game, so this might be a toughy.

ZXPrototype

03-11-2011

Bottom line: Have kayle be your main, but honestly when your team needs something besides Kayle know when to say "I want to play kayle, but to win I'm gonna play what my team needs. That is jungle." Could be tank, could be AD/AP carry. When you want to play those roles, please play a champion who is actually thatrole. Regardless if it "works" or not.

Killlg

03-11-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poopexplosion View Post
I don't mind really really specialized. As for that youtube video, I appreciate it but the creator says her reckoning is physical damage, so how much he knows about Kayle is specious, at best.
Her Righteous Fury deals physical damage. It basically makes your auto attack long range, adds a little magic damage to it, and splash. Unless you're going for crazy heals with Kayle, or trying to use her Q as your main damage dealing spell it's best to build AD and AS on her. Nashors Tooth is a good place to get all the stats she needs.

As for jungling with Kayle, I wouldn't recommend it. Especially with the recent patch that made minions **** all over towers. It almost makes your team weaker if you have someone jungling because your top lane is solo, and if it's a 2v1 situation it's very likely that your top outer tower will be down before 20 minutes if you're playing a half competent team.

kwjnfkjsdg

03-11-2011

zzz has anyone here even touched a kayle in their lives?

reckoning is a magic damage nuke.
divine blessing is a magic heal.
righteous fury extends your autoattack and adds magic damage splash.

please actually have more experience than kayle than merely seeing your level 6 friends go 2-12 with her before you all type essays on how to use her. it's misleading.

Killlg

03-11-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by kwjnfkjsdg View Post
zzz has anyone here even touched a kayle in their lives?

reckoning is a magic damage nuke.
divine blessing is a magic heal.
righteous fury extends your autoattack and adds magic damage splash.

please actually have more experience than kayle than merely seeing your level 6 friends go 2-12 with her before you all type essays on how to use her. it's misleading.
Wouldn't it seem more likely that I got the names of her two abilities mixed up considering how I described Righteous Fury after naming Reckoning? And an essay? Really?