Standard Kayle Build and Play Style

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Cresil

12-07-2009

I've been looking at a lot of guides for Kayle since i've bought him recently, seem kind of lost with him.

Seen a lot of guides with extremely different item builds.

-Caster -

-DPS-

-Tank-

-Support-

Just wondering what's the most common item builds for Kayle and what spells do you level up first.

MajorChipHazzard

12-07-2009

Start with a Catalyst and just sort of build what your team needs. I like getting bloodrazor+starks+attack speed since tank/support items don't benefit your team a whole lot. Eventually make a veil out of your catalyst.

Max reckoning+blessing with 1 level of righteous fury at ~level 4 seems to be the best build order. Fury doesn't get any stronger with levels really, as far as killing champions goes.

MajorChipHazzard

12-07-2009

It's also worth noting that while tank builds are generally considered pretty useless on her, it's perfectly fine to drop what you're doing and build a Warmog's if you're running a physical build, since you're not going for carry dps so much as doing OK damage to augment your strong ultimate.

I've never tried an AP build personally, since reckoning appears to be the only skill which scales well enough for AP to be worthwhile.

Jooma

12-08-2009

I'm mostly successful when I build Warmogs, Berserker Greives and Atma's Spear.
If the game drags on from there, build for countering or support. All depends who's on your team / who's on their team.

You can really get in peoples face if you take cleanse and then buy the new cleanse clicky item + Veil.

A lot of people will tell you to get mana, but I never have mana problems. Use your spells at the right opportunities and kill Golem often and you should be fine on mana and focus on tank/dps items.

RamboBatman

12-08-2009

I usually build an AP Kayle, but only because items that give cooldown reduction also give AP. I usually go Catalyst>RoA>Nashors Tooth and I haven't played Kayle since the patch but I'd probably try the new Deathfire to hit the CD-reduction cap. If you like you can replace the Nashor's with Frozen Heart against a physical-heavy team. My theory is that no matter how you build her, use of her ultimate is what makes or breaks Kayle. She's basically a walking bubble-generator with a decent nuke and a ****py heal.

ThePlumber

12-08-2009

Heath stone
base boots
catalyst
turn boots into whatever you need depending on opponents
fiendish codex
stinger
into nashors tooth

if going more full support:
aegis
starks

if going more damage:
last whisper
bloodthirster

if going more tanky:
warmogs
atmas impaler

6% cooldown from masteries
8.1% cooldown from full blue /level cooldown runes
25% from nashors
= 39.1% which is close enough to the 40% cooldown cap that I call it good

I play a full support kayle with a fast cooldown slow, heal, ranged attack, and invuln

With the auras from aegis and starks as well as your support spells, you will be helping out team battles immensely. Just make sure you are around for them. This build doesnt serve any purpose if you are laning while your teammates are fighting opponents in the jungle.

FrankyX

12-08-2009

Pihlosopher stone
Beserker greaves
Last whisper
Malady
sword of the devine
Wits end

you get from your 0.7 att speed @ start to about 2.5 by the end of your 6th item....

or anything made out of recurved bow as i try to always build something that will get me as much att spd % while building it ... id rather have +40% alone then buying stuff that wont get me nowhere beffore i get the total 3000+$ i need to finish it

+ most of those items are less than 2000-2500$ witch is really important since we know those games dont last more then 25-35 min and having my whole equip costing 3000+ will end up me not even having half of it by end game

tryied out to build her as a tank...... didnt like it ... ended up diying more often then killing.... anyways invulnerable should get you enough time to either kill or run in 90% of fights especialy now that cleanse buff u whit imunity to stun slow ect.... there is no way you can die even whit 5 ennemy champs on u just cast a lil ghost on u and ur gone for good

The Senate

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-08-2009

I've always gone an offensive DPS build.

Chalice
Boots
B F Sword

It's never bad, so long as the rest of your team can stun and you have enough tanks.