Most popular role for galio

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

PorkWagon

11-09-2010

I hear alot of people talking about building dmg galio, but I always thought he was meant to be built tank. I was wondering where he truly shines. Id like to pick him up.

xpsychedelico

11-09-2010

Definitely tank, but his passive allows him to deal pretty good damage as well, since 50% of whatever MR he gets gives him AP as well. So if you get a good amount of MR and some armor to tank, you will still be doing good damage.

Orharnah

11-09-2010

Galio is an AP tank. Some people build healthy AP( RoA, Rylai's), others build actual tank items (thornmail, GA, Warmog's, banshee's etc etc).

I build him as a tank when there isn't a tank on the team, but if possible, I recommend building him as a caster.

Circle of Manias

11-10-2010

Build as a tank. But he has two good ranged attacks, and as his AP grows with his Mag. Res they get pretty strong. He is the best ranged damaged tank for sure. And his ult can turn a teamfight

Synios

11-10-2010

First thing first, I'm still not lv 30, so I don't know about ranked play, but here's my take. Whenever I play Galio, I typically build three items every game - Banshee's Veil, Abyssal Scepter, and Frozen Heart. These three give a decent amount of armor and hp, a good amount of MR, and generally allow me to act as a tank, while still giving some "oomph" to my spells.

The way I see it, Galio should be treated as a tank/support hybrid. He can tank, or he can go pure mage, but it's when he dabbles in both that he really shines. Because of his passive, he can do so without losing that much effectiveness. And, with such a setup, you can alter into a more focused build in mid/late game if the need calls for it, grabbing either more tankish items, or more +AP items.

On a final note, I'd recommend always getting at least one decent AP (thru raw +AP or thru high MR) item early, as Galio's two dmg spells can wreck minions and allow you to farm very effectively.

Stalos

11-10-2010

Galio doesn't need AP items to deal sufficient damage while poking. His base spell values are far more than enough and casting bulwark on yourself already offers 45 AP alone. Let MR values boost your damage as you are a tank first, and dying during your ult because of taking to much damage is also rather humiliating.

jokull2

11-10-2010

buy an abyssal and watch it help you tank and do good damage, personally i like banshees and GA on him, then an abyssal and situational items. hes a great hero