Can Summoners become Champions?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

DoransTroll

11-10-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apollo Justice View Post
Other way around:

Can a champion become a summoner?
That is indeed an interesting question. I think only some can, seeing as not every champions are well versed in the art of magic.

Any powerful person (whether through magic or brute strength) can become a champion. But a summoner must have very good grasp of magic. I don't think Trynd, or Mundo, or most of the champions can do that. Heck, even guys like Ryze who are excellent mage, but decided to study other branch of magic might not even be able to do it.

Syrdust

11-10-2010

I think that summoners can become champions personally. Just because one is good at summoning magic does not mean that is all he is good at.

Sapphyrite

11-10-2010

Point me anyone who wishes to cast away the leash for the shackles, and I will believe you. (Although I do agree it is possible, in theory).

Caelestes "Sapphyrite"

cephaloCounselor

11-10-2010

There would be many complications I believe. Since the summoner knows the ways of summoning magic, they may be able to twist or corrupt the process, maybe even allowing a less restrictive summoning. The newly championed summoner may also be able to influence the summoning spells on other champions if given the chance, which may lead to all sorts of under-handed play. I don't think that the League would take these chances.

Cyrus Blackmoon

11-10-2010

Quote:
There would be many complications I believe. Since the summoner knows the ways of summoning magic, they may be able to twist or corrupt the process, maybe even allowing a less restrictive summoning. The newly championed summoner may also be able to influence the summoning spells on other champions if given the chance, which may lead to all sorts of under-handed play. I don't think that the League would take these chances.
They may have some sort of device or artifact that prevents tampering in the fields. I'd imagine there'd be summoners who'd try underhanded tactics outside of the field as well.

Kovsky

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-10-2010

Actually, creating skills that affect the enemies' or allies' summoner spells may be an interesting idea, if done right. Riot could end up creating exactly this, a summoner who becomes a champion that has at the same time another profession, but still uses some of his summoner spells repertoire.

DoransTroll

11-10-2010

If the search function is enabled, I would have showed you my suggestion, [ranDo, The Rogue Summoner]. I really do want someone who uses Promote as his ultimate spell. We will finally have a minion, pushing mage for once.

Boogeybeast

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-10-2010

If Riot takes this idea, I so want some credit. As for the whole corrupting the Field thing, the magics in place and the pull and energy of the two Nexus' (Nexi?) would probably interrupt a summoner-champion's ability to influence his summoner. OR, it could just be an aspiring champion that dabbled into summoning, hence not a gifted summoner but a summoner none-the-less. The magics of the Nexus and the League may have to make additional rules or sanctions, makes the idea definitely viable, and certainly interesting, and obviously a subject up for debate as can clearly be seen here. It would definitely make for an interesting Judgement as well, the summoner making the judgement, or overlooking it may get to play their own role, for they may have taught the summoner-champion at some point.

P.S. Sorry Kalis, thought you were in there too lol, you should definitely be on that list.

Fatebinder

11-10-2010

I would argue that we already have a summoner as a champion: Jax.

I know I'm not the only one who speculates that he is actually High Councilor Reginald Ashram, based on his origin story.

Zanoni

11-10-2010

There are hints that this has already happened.