Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Trying to get out of ELO Hell, Help!

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Orehime

11-09-2010

I've been struggling with my climb through ELO Hell. I've looked through the forum for advice about how ot improve my own game play, watched livestreams of higher ELO players and Riot Staff, and I've tried various 'niche' champions and trying to have a complete team at champ select.

Nothing is working.

I bought Sona, Kog, Miss Fortune, and Morgana all for the purpose of having them available to trade with team members if I am 'team captain'. However, next to no one utilizes this and refuse to speak in PVP.net Chat until the first 3 people have chosen and the only conversation we have is 'OMG TANK TANK TANK'.

I've become accustomed to playing the above along with many others. I try my hardest when I play to win, but even getting first blood as Sona and getting the first 5 kills in a 2v1 lane because my team won't cooperate, ultimately going 12/7/12, we still lose.

I play strong supports, Sona and Janna, as well as strong carries such as Kog, MF, and Ashe, but I still can't do enough it seems.

Does anyone have any other advice? Any advice on a champion that is 99% guaranteed win if I become good with them? Even with Sona I can't guarantee a win =\

When it comes to wards, I try to emphasize to my team their importance. One match we had a Fiddle on the other team, so I pointed out it's important to cover the corners of flashable walls so he can't Crowstorm us. The Ezreal replied that if they were such a big deal to get them myself. After I've bought numerous ones already.

sigh, any advice?

kool kat

Recruiter

11-09-2010

Duo until you get around 1400, then do what your post said

Liquidone

11-09-2010

I help those who help themselves.

Lofter

11-09-2010

Solo que is elo hell. Join a premade..

MathMage

11-09-2010

Some (http://www.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?p=3842108#post3842108) advice (http://www.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=322639).

If no one else is talking, start talking.
If no one else is tanking, start tanking.
If no one else is jungling, start jungling.
If no one else is pushing, start pushing.
If no one else is warding...ward more. Low-Elo supports can't always make do without items the way Zirun does with Janna, but after Boots, Catalyst, Mejai's, you can always just grab 9x wards. On the other hand, Sona can do the whole 'support-carry-tank' thing, so hey.

wrastler118

11-09-2010

I don't even play ranked anymore because of this. Was up as high as about 1350 and then a couple of losses, led to getting paired up with noobs and leavers and I finally said fck it, and now only play normal games.

ayanaftw

Recruiter

11-09-2010

1.) play some normal games once in a while, your not gonna do well if your consistently in stressful games

2.) support's nice but you cant carry your team with a support champ which bring me to my next point

3.) if you want to get out of low elo then you have to carry. that doesnt mean play a ranged carry like ashe or kog, b/c they need to farm for a while to carry well. AP carries are stronger early game and can end a game quickly. a solo lane kass or annie/anivia can dominate early, rape mid game and still be scary late game. hopefully it never gets to late game.

Kowuzo

11-09-2010

ye bro, i totally understand... i got lvl 30 today and was excited to play my first ranked matches... turned out as a bitter disappointment.

check it:
http://img195.imageshack.us/img195/5421/elohellcut.jpg

Not sure if we're allowed to post images here, if we aren't please some mod remove the link =p

ItsTheFark

11-09-2010

Quote:
Kowuzo:
ye bro, i totally understand... i got lvl 30 today and was excited to play my first ranked matches... turned out as a bitter disappointment.

check it:
http://img195.imageshack.us/img195/5421/elohellcut.jpg

Not sure if we're allowed to post images here, if we aren't please some mod remove the link =p

Pretty much what happened to me during my unranked period. Didnt win a single game. Yay time for Elo hell!

Pushkar

01-05-2011

to get out of elo hell(and i mean REAL elo hell = 600 elo)

1) duo queue - take the tank and the carry. and the mid lane.
2) play shen or udyr. im not kidding trust me. MASTER them.
3)dont have only supports and carries in your champion roster. i have 2 carries, 2 tanks, 2 mages and one support champion. so in the case the morons in champion select with you actually end up with a good team composition, you can easily fill out whatever is left.

also dont even bother asking them what they want banned or if not, whether they'll switch or not, or who's playing what etc. at 600 elo, whatever you say to whoever, theyll always lock in jax, tryndamere, or xin zhao. and theyll either get ridiculously overpowered and you win(20% of the time) or they feed and you lose(80% of the time)
4) and ward. a lot.

i was at 600 elo, am up to 750 still going strong, i hope i get to at least 1k before stabilising. i got down to 600 by being the noob/feeder we all rage about in the forums. then i quit ranked, played normal, mastered all sorts of champs, watched pro games, tried to see and understand WHY they did whatever they did. WHY is shen a good tank and not morde?WHY would ashe buy a negatron cloak at level 10? WHY does no tank have a sunfire? i improved my gameplay and i didnt just blindly copy what the pro's did. i always tried it out too see and understand how it helped. i NEVER read ""how to get better" guides, or copy internet builds(my friends call me noobs for this but w/e). if i try something out that i see happening in a pro game and it doesnt work out/i dont understand it, i dont use it. as a result, my amumu uses a sunfire.

note - dou queueing is THE best option, by FAR.
the other points that i mentioned can help you inch up slowly, but keep in mind that there are 4 other players with you, and none of them want to play a champion that the team needs. so its usually you(playing something) and 4 melee fighters.you cant expect to tank, carry AND nuke, can you?
duo-queueing makes the situation a whole lot better.

note - there was this one time i was tristana cause nobody was a carry. we happened to have a heimer, who took mid. now in this game, the team score was 13-26 in their favour, but we still won(i was the only one with a +ve kd, heimer and irelia fed). heimer, although he fed quite a bit, pushed all our lanes and then it was cake for me to steamroll their turrets(take teleport). so i found out that a strong pushing team( janna tristana heimer) with a couple of champions who can destroy turrets in seconds(yi sivir tristana) and a beef + tank reall works well.