Riot are there skin bans in the LCS?

First Riot Post
123456 ... 7
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

PhoenixSlayer13

04-16-2013

Interesting... if Actingman is right on about 30 skins being banned, it's probably due to cultural differences. Not really sure.

jmlinden7

04-16-2013

The animation on his Wild Cards doesn't match the hitbox, so it hits you even when you think you dodged it.

tenrel

04-16-2013

skins that can't be purchased are banned

Deathmare

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-16-2013

I know Steel Legion Lux is banned because the hitboxes on her spells are actually much larger than their particle effects, so when it LOOKS like you dodge her skillshots, sometimes they still hit. I don't know about any other ones. Probably very similar problems.

blackraven1425

04-16-2013

They use a ton of skins in the LCS, but I'd guess that undead may not be allowed because you wouldn't be able to broadcast it in China.

Magik

04-16-2013

a rioter already said on reddit that a few skins are banned due to high visual effects, and it makes it easier to see for players and viewers

there is no correlation to skins having an advantage or anything

no information like that has been given to us

Actingman

04-16-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoenixSlayer13 View Post
Interesting... if Actingman is right on about 30 skins being banned, it's probably due to cultural differences. Not really sure.
I am right on there being skins banned, I think I heard 30. Could be wrong on the number.

I'm quite sure though that the reason is that the skins are distracting to gameplay or weird hit box problems not really cultural.

Bobulated

04-16-2013

they banned all the skins that look too different from their original models to avoid skins giving an unfair advantage to the players. that's why skins like spell thief lux and definately-not-blitscrank(lol) are banned from the series. i'm sure you can find a complete list of banned skins if you look it up on google

DeathParker

04-16-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobulated View Post
they banned all the skins that look too different from their original models to avoid skins giving an unfair advantage to the players. that's why skins like spell thief lux and definately-not-blitscrank(lol) are banned from the series. i'm sure you can find a complete list of banned skins if you look it up on google
Source?

rtardian

04-16-2013

Here is a link to Janook(Riot) from 2 months ago giving a basic explanation.

"Hey guys, I'll clear this up now: Yes, some skins are banned from the LCS. This is for spectator readability concerns only, and has nothing to do with balance. Typically, we ban out skins that are particularly "noisy", or very different from the base model. This is to make the action a little easier to follow for you guys."

Nooky out

And the link to the source:

http://www.reddit.com/r/leagueoflege...om_lcs/c8aqwfd

123456 ... 7