Jungle Akali - No Akali Rune Page

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Stillhart

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-10-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by SomniumProxy View Post
you've got it figured out for the most part. 2 flat AP quints + ignite on the golem will allow you to start with the blue golem almost imidietly (you basically nuke him with Q and smite), and the correct mastery set is 21/0/9 with max damage and 9 in bonus xp/longer mark duration
I won't be able to use 2 AP quints until L30, unless I replace my AD quint with some of my marks or whatever. I assume they have to be T3 quints so we're talking a few thousand IP? That's what I was hoping to avoid.

Anyways, Akali does lane like a beast. It's super easy to last-hit with her; easier than any other champ I've played TBH. She makes a great 1v2 laner too because of her shroud. There's no reason to rush jungling with her just yet, I was just curious.

At this point, I'd sooner buy runes to jungle with Rammus. He's much MUCH suckier in the lane.

SomniumProxy

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-10-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stillhart View Post
I won't be able to use 2 AP quints until L30, unless I replace my AD quint with some of my marks or whatever. I assume they have to be T3 quints so we're talking a few thousand IP? That's what I was hoping to avoid.

Anyways, Akali does lane like a beast. It's super easy to last-hit with her; easier than any other champ I've played TBH. She makes a great 1v2 laner too because of her shroud. There's no reason to rush jungling with her just yet, I was just curious.

At this point, I'd sooner buy runes to jungle with Rammus. He's much MUCH suckier in the lane.

Yeah, it does cost quite a bit, but then again besides the AD quint all my other runes mach my standard mage set, so it's worth it ^^

PunchGroin

11-12-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stillhart View Post
Supposedly if you spend the money for enough runes to trigger both her passives, she can jungle really well. Obviously, having an extra solo laner and the psychological advantage of an Akali who can come out of nowhere and destroy you are two good reasons to jungle with her instead of lane.

I'm sure it can be done without spending 5k IP on runes just for her, but I'm not sure if it's viable. By that I mean, does she jungle fast enough to make it worth while.
Ive heard that it can be viable, though I've never seen it personally. I HAVE seen a jungle Poppy, and she was insane! She rocks for countering other junglers. There are only a handful of characters that can viably jungle without 30 levels worth of masteries and runes though. WW, Udyr, and Olaf are the ones that primarily come to mind, though you could probably do it with Nunu, Xin, and Fiddle too. You need at LEAST the 9 or 10 points in utility to get the exp boost and the buff duration boost masteries. I cant imagine viably jungling without it. I would HIGHLY recommend avoiding jungling with a tank until 30.

What I would recommend is ALWAYS trying a jungle build out in a practice game with bots 1st. Every viable jungler can clear out the jungle without returning to base, be level 4 with double buffs and ready to gank without being terribly behind in levels.