Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Jungle Akali - No Akali Rune Page

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Stillhart

11-09-2010

Simply put, is it viable to jungle with Akali from level 1 with no special Akali rune page?

I'm still building my "normal" rune page (L24 right now) so I don't want to spend IP on those AD/AP runes that I wouldn't use on anyone else. I can just barely get my 15/0/9 for the +3 AD bonus and the XP/Buff masteries. So maybe it's worth getting +1 AD from cheap runes and starting with Doran's? I assume the spell vamp + life steal is pretty important, but is it enough?

Does anybody else have any experience with this?

Ther InGal

11-09-2010

I've never heard of jungle Akali, and it seems to me a little not viable, even more with no runes at all. Her great harassment power is generally used for laning

Stillhart

11-09-2010

Supposedly if you spend the money for enough runes to trigger both her passives, she can jungle really well. Obviously, having an extra solo laner and the psychological advantage of an Akali who can come out of nowhere and destroy you are two good reasons to jungle with her instead of lane.

I'm sure it can be done without spending 5k IP on runes just for her, but I'm not sure if it's viable. By that I mean, does she jungle fast enough to make it worth while.

xpsychedelico

11-09-2010

I'm not a very good jungle Akali, but with her AD passive proced, you can jungle decent, but only on par with the double lane, which really isn't good enough. I have yet to try with both passives procced, some AP runes will fix that... but you will really need the runes for it, so I would say, no.

SomniumProxy

11-10-2010

I play jungle Akali with a very specific runeset, so I have both passives at level 1. She's faster than warwick, and actually faster than most junglers. I love Akali XD

That being said, I don't think she'll be so great without the runes to proc her passives, so probably leave her for later.

Smite911

11-10-2010

I personally found that lane akali is a lot better then jungle but both have advantages.

To answer your question, jungle akali is viable but you need pretty decent experience, not sure if you can do it without runes, I would have to test it. feel free to add me ingame and I will try it out for you without runes

fooolishfool

11-10-2010

I tried jungle Akali in a practice game today with sortof a dedicated runepage (enough to get both passives with an Amplifying Tome), and died :S. it seems doable, just rather harder than any of the champions I usually jungle with (and it'd probably work much better if I went the other way and started with Doran's Blade).

Akali is pretty ok in a lane though (at least compared to Amumu or Rammus or Warwick etc.), except that I kept ending up with 2v1 lanes today which made things messy (and got eaten by a poppy a few times).

SomniumProxy

11-10-2010

Quote:
fooolishfool:
I tried jungle Akali in a practice game today with sortof a dedicated runepage (enough to get both passives with an Amplifying Tome), and died :S. it seems doable, just rather harder than any of the champions I usually jungle with (and it'd probably work much better if I went the other way and started with Doran's Blade).

Akali is pretty ok in a lane though (at least compared to Amumu or Rammus or Warwick etc.), except that I kept ending up with 2v1 lanes today which made things messy (and got eaten by a poppy a few times).

You need two flat AP quints, a flat DMG quint, doran's blade and improved ignite. no need to waste other runes for damage

Stillhart

11-10-2010

I tried it last night. I bought a single tier 1 AD quint for 80 IP and used 15/0/9 masteries for +3 AD. Doran's Blade and a single potion got me my first passive. Used smite and ignite (with ignite mastery). I got thru the small golems and the wraiths but I was too low on health and had to B back for more pots. Not enough money for anything useful other than pots. After that, I made it thru the rest no problem.

I think because of the trip back early it's not fast enough yet. I'm hoping that at L30 I can do 15/6/9 and the extra armor/dodge will help. Otherwise I'm going to need to buy runes to be viable.

SomniumProxy

11-10-2010

Quote:
Stillhart:
I tried it last night. I bought a single tier 1 AD quint for 80 IP and used 15/0/9 masteries for +3 AD. Doran's Blade and a single potion got me my first passive. Used smite and ignite (with ignite mastery). I got thru the small golems and the wraiths but I was too low on health and had to B back for more pots. Not enough money for anything useful other than pots. After that, I made it thru the rest no problem.

I think because of the trip back early it's not fast enough yet. I'm hoping that at L30 I can do 15/6/9 and the extra armor/dodge will help. Otherwise I'm going to need to buy runes to be viable.

you've got it figured out for the most part. 2 flat AP quints + ignite on the golem will allow you to start with the blue golem almost imidietly (you basically nuke him with Q and smite), and the correct mastery set is 21/0/9 with max damage and 9 in bonus xp/longer mark duration