Fiddlesticks Dark Wind

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

The Body Thetan

12-07-2009

Upon further reflection of my previous thread about this and in light of the responses to my posts about it, I'm going to outline how Fiddlesticks can be used to crash a game server.

I came across this bug when Fiddle was the first character I spent IP on. I wanted to play him enough and get decent so that I could always play him if I needed a backup. After seemingly randomly disconnecting four times in an 8 hour period, I figured out what was causing it*.

The following is the best approximation of the bug as I know it:

If Fiddlesticks, from certain Brush areas (I'm not 100% on which ones work), casts Rank 5 Dark Wind on a caster-type minion that is attacking someone, the game disconnects everyone in the game.

Please delete this thread if a mod thinks this can somehow be used to exploit like I originally thought, but the fact that no one gets IP or XP from the crashed game leads me to think its effectiveness as a griefing methos is limited.

*EDIT: I tested it in two games after I got a rough approximation to make sure I knew how it worked, and have only played played Fiddle once since.

EDIT 2: I tested it again, and it certainly works when casting from the E-W Brush in the NW corner onto a caster-type minion that is attacking a melee-type minion

Jesse Perring

NOC Technician

12-07-2009
1 of 1 Riot Posts

I'd appreciate it if someone else can try to confirm this.

Bad Locksmith

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-07-2009

Confirmed. Was in a game with a friend who was playing Fiddle. The game JUST crashed, so I checked the forums, found this, and asked him. He was in the brush next to Lizard (on the summer map) and used his rank 5 Dark Wind on the enemy pirate next to him. When that happened... the game froze for our entire team. We couldn't even reconnect.

At first we were like, "wtf? this was a random disconnect" and we saw people on our friends list were still in games. Then I saw this post and it made sense. Weird bug.

EDIT: Also, there's no record of the game in my recently played list. Good thing too since I was doing particularly bad as Nasus.

Rudeboymike

12-07-2009

As much as id like this to be problem so we can fix it. I've had it happen to me from outside the walls of a base, flashing into Crowstorm. So granted the crash might start from darkwind in the bushes, but ive had the same crash from other abilites in other places.

Dr Morganski

12-09-2009

It happened to me, i wasnt watching the fiddles at the time, but this seems like the most logical solution.
No record of the game in my recently played, and it said game ha s been abandoned, so EVERYONE Dc'ed.

The rumours must be true, Fiddlesticks IS the "harbinger of Doom"

I'd love a fix to this.

Rudeboymike

12-10-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Morganski View Post
I'd love a fix to this.
+1

I'm scared to play him. is that his new passive or something?

Peepuhpee

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-11-2009

I'd also like to include, that Shaco too can currently be used to crash games.

Buy a Guardian Angel, use your ultimate and get it killed. On the last hit, the server will crash the game.

For more info, see my post @ http://leagueoflegends.com/board/sho...531#post372531

Rudeboymike

12-11-2009

ah no wonder people complaining about this bug are either Fiddle or Shaco

Roli

12-13-2009

Got this 2 times yesterday. Caused by me :S

Not sure about the circumstance of the first time, but the 2nd time I was definitly casting Dark Wind, and I was in a bushe.

Lichun

12-13-2009

happened to my games twice,
first time the guy even announced it:
"
%griefer%: time for my trick
we: what trick?
%griefer%: watch
"
game dc
fiddle standing in bushes
sadly i didn't remember his name...

second time i belive it was accidently by someone.

word is spreading around so please before you fix it remove this thread.