How to "fix" Twisted Fate

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

crisisavatar

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-07-2009

I wont write much about all the QQ surrounding TF but I'll go ahead and say that he does have some overwhelming early-mid 'potential' . Is good to note that said potential is not reached by most scrubs, but we all can't be scrubs therefore one or two people will make use of him.

So here is what I suggest, make gold card apply a debuff that makes your opponent immune to it's stun for the next ~8 secs. That is all, note that this would "force" the excellent TF players to either stun every ~16 secs or combine red and gold cards in which case they will still have strong control but will be toned down and no longer be as absolute.

That is all, I'll leave you all to comment on this.

Pieceofcandy

12-07-2009

Gold Card isn't OP, gating with Gold Card locked is OP.

Gold Card being an AoE stun is debatable.

crisisavatar

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-07-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pieceofcandy View Post
Gold Card isn't OP, gating with Gold Card locked is OP.

Gold Card being an AoE stun is debatable.
no1 is saying GC is OP but a good player can GC > WC > sheen attack every ~10 secs which is devastating early game, if you can't acknowledge how powerful that combo is and how dominating it's in lanes early game ( which is perfect setup for ult + gate ) you are not on the reasonable side of this debate.

Pieceofcandy

12-07-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by crisisavatar View Post
GC isn't OP
All my "fixes" for TF pertain to changes to GC.

Ok.

Edit~

The "Problem" with TF.

Once he reaches lvl 6 he turns the entire early game lane process upside down.

He can maintain a strong presence in his lane while at the same time passively deterring pushes in every other lane by holding a GC/Destiny/Gate combo over the enemy team's head.

Lord Sirrus

12-08-2009

yes yes more of this Fix TF class subject...stick to the older thread and post there. stop starting new thread.

Phiphler

The Council

12-08-2009

We are currently discussing a TF remake on Council forums. We made a draft for how he should be changed, and this is what we can up with:

Wild Cards --> Wild Gold Cards:
Twisted Fate throws 3 Wild Gold Cards, stunning everything in an AoE everytime they pass something.

Pick a Card ---> Pick a Gold Card:
Now passive. Your attack is now a gold card, gets better as you level.

Gate ---> Gold Card Jump.
Twisted Fate uses the explosive power of Gold Card to make a jump through the air, landing with a Gold Card explosion. Global reach.

Destiny ---> What a Twist!
Twisted Fate detirmines the fate of the enemy teams, launching a gold card for each enemy champion every 0.2 seconds while channeling. Global reach. Channels for 5/7/9 seconds per level.

New Passive: Gold Card shield. When Twisted Fate gets low on HP (around 15%), the Gold Cards he has used since his last death surround him like a shield. Gold Cards can only be removed by walking into them, must remove all Gold Cards before Twisted Fate becomes vulnable.

Lord Sirrus

12-08-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phiphler View Post
We are currently discussing a TF remake on Council forums. We made a draft for how he should be changed, and this is what we can up with:

Twisted Fate throws 3 Wild Gold Cards, stunning everything in an AoE everytime they pass something.

Twisted Fate uses the explosive power of Gold Card to make a jump through the air, landing with a Gold Card explosion. Global reach.

Twisted Fate detirmines the fate of the enemy teams, launching a gold card for each enemy champion every 0.2 seconds while channeling. Global reach. Channels for 5/7/9 seconds per level.

New Passive: Gold Card shield. When Twisted Fate gets low on HP (around 15%), the Gold Cards he has used since his last death surround him like a shield. Gold Cards can only be removed by walking into them, must remove all Gold Cards before Twisted Fate becomes vulnable.
i like this remake.

anyway the only way to Fix a twisted fate is to Untwist it. then it would just be a regular normal Fate ^^

HulkingBrute

12-08-2009

I played TF for the first time today.

Here is how to fix him.

Make his gold card pop up randomly.

ok, next?

crisisavatar

12-08-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phiphler View Post

lol of course, leave it to the pros.

AmazingJaze

12-08-2009

In other words there is no need for a fix.....?
Strangely I agree. Every TF player I've gone up against, except 1 has been a joke.

Maybe the difference is knowing how to play as him?

I think that I am an decent TF player when I play as him, and overall out of 80+ games I've played of LOL total. I haven't even faced him 10 times.

Some of the other dangerous characters I see a lot and seeing them so often helped me learn how to deal with them quick.

To recap:
1) Because I have played with TF more than 10 times. I can't say that the few times I've played against TF in a game that I have ever felt out matched, only one of the TF's was what I would consider dangerous. We lost the game, but for a number of factors. Not just him.

2) If more people played as him more often we might all get to learn how to deal with him instead of having to play as him AT LEAST 8-10 times to get a finite feel for where his limitations truly start to creep up.

I know people will hate this idea, but if Riot won't nerf him (recall, I think they did a good job getting him to where he is now) then maybe they can find a way to encourage more people to play as him, So that he isn't overpowered, which will allow players to experience how react to him in game.

He does play different than alot of the champs you see every game, so having him pop up once in every 10 - 20 games will prevent a lot of players who don't ever use him, from being more flexible with the way they like to play their champs, when they are against a TF. Problem is, I don't know where to begin with this one. Done.

Thoughts?