Search feature disable?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Antemus Prime

11-08-2010

Hello every one,

i'm new on LoL, i used to play DotA 6 month ago and i love what i see here

My first question is why the search engine is offline on the forum?
I was looking for some information about how to play on the EU server with my north american version of the game. I don't think it is possible so I wanted to find a solution cause I don't want to redownload the entire game.

Please, if some1 can help me.

Thx you in advance.

Poki3 tem

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Emissary of the League

11-08-2010

Search is temporarily disabled due to database thingamajigs and that fact that this forums if efing huge. They're working on it though.
For now, use Google and add "site:leagueoflegends.com" (no quotes) to your search query. It works mostly the same.

As for playing on EU with a US client it's theoretically possible by changing a few lines that tell your client where to connect, but I highly don't recommend this.
Games have 2 clients for a reason. They're patched every 2 weeks, but about 24 hours apart so you'd be unable to pl;ay for 2 to 3 days. Also, one side might get a hotfix, or emergency patch, and the other might not need it, or get it at another time, and that'll screw you over. You'd have to get used to the fact that you'd be getting "wrong client version" errors when starting a game, and get leaves and possibly a ban.

In short: download the EU client. Save yourself any headaches.

Antemus Prime

11-10-2010

Hi Poki3,

thx for your answer, I will maybe download the EU client but here another double question: can I still play with the same account (I mean, if I already earned XP and bought a champion) can I found it when I would launch my EU client? + Can I have both the US and EU client installed on my computer and play and lauch whichever I want to use?

Antemus'