Udyr: A look into why he sucks, and an idea to fix him

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Mythologick

12-08-2009

I say they drop one of his ****pier stances and give him an actual ult, one that is either a very good stance, or one that vastly increases his stances while active or something.

It's 6AM, I don't know.

EDIT: Some of the filtered words on these forums and in game are absurd...

Drggg

12-08-2009

the ENTIRE point of udyr is not having an ult

Mythologick

12-08-2009

Giving him an ult that helps his stances wouldn't drastically change his gameplay style or anything. His ult could be a stance as well.

Renko

12-08-2009

Panda has a great idea on how to fix this broken champion. Udyr is simply lacking in every department, yeah riot did give him every department to lack from too. Versatile yes, good no.

Litenup

12-08-2009

heres my idea. remove the damage split from tiger stance. his ap scaling is to low. if he returned mana and hps with an increase based on ap might help. but turtle stance gains more benifit from damage than he does ap., pheonix ap scaling doesnt exist. increase his base movement speed. he is melee with no way to get to an opponent(grab, warp, ranged snare). give his phoenix stance a short ranged attack, make damage spash for the activation (phenix/tiger for and inc damage ranged splash attack).

my biggest problem with him is his inability to get gold vs any ranged char. hi hits like a caster with no nuke to get a kill shot. ive jungled with him and its not bad, mostly cause your team has two soloers and out lvl the other team.

increase the scaling of the lvl of his abilities. with no lvl 6 the top ranks are to weak.

Maysin

12-08-2009

There's no doubt that he could use some buffing, but he ain't unplayable. So far my friend plays him well enough that he usually tops the board with most kills, even with Ashe and Tryndamere running around killing everyone but running away from him when he shows up. (I know a lot of you won't believe it and will say "Oh yer low tier lawl", but this isn't the case. More mid to mid-high tier rapage)

Udyr is mostly a support/assassin, but most seem to try and play him as DPS or Tank which he can't really do either very well. He's sort of like an Evelynn or Yi: if he catches an opponent with their pants down, they're ****ed, but if more than one or two focus fires on him he can drop hard (same can be said for any squishy)