[Guide] Udyr: The Stance Dancer

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

TheMagnificent

03-16-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by tehimage View Post
I completely disagree with Udyr being broke. If you are looking for an easy hero to play, then do not pick Udyr. His one second stun, if your stacking attack speed, allows you to hit him with the aoe phoenix as well as giving you a jump on the enemy. I believe bear is stance purely for set up. I also do not have a problem chasing down other champions, because phage + ghost = win. Udyr is all about changing stances at the right time. If you have the mana, which I almost always never run out, you can stack your shield, stun, then aoe phoenix while doing good damage every third hit.

It is true that Udyr is very gear dependent, and I find this guide's list of items to be a good one. First game I played with this guide I went 11-1-5 against a premade of level 20s and up. Udyr success in my opinion relies solely on your ability to play. If you don't like his play style, then don't choose him.

you are right that udyr is a very skill based character. if you are good at reading people and can time turtle he's a tank without any items at all. I dont think he needs major changes. I used to really like phoenix udyr. Phantom Dancers+Rylai's Crystal Sceptre+Void Staff does terrible terrible things to people. I've found though that this is a mid-game build. Levels 10-14 being able to slow-chase like that is incredible, but after that he doesnt stack up.

Much more effective is going for a physical nuke. Turtle blocks their harass, bear gets you there, and tiger does 2.5 your dmg. Infinity edge+phantom dancers+runes makes 50-60% crit chance at 250%. So thats 200 atk power hitting as a 2 second DoT for x5 damage, every two seconds or so. With a last whisper thrown in it can almost kill ashe/twitch in one hit.

I also used to really like a phage, but unless you're building triforce there are better things to be getting.

I have buddies who usually cover mage/tank, so I have the luxury of going dps, but I think a 2500 dmg DoT attack is always useful.

This build doesnt really get going until the phantom dancers is done though. Keep in mind.

Oh, and the phoenix this build gets at lvl 12 comes with a 30-50% crit chance, which is really just as good as getting some AP.

Run You Fools

03-19-2010

just bought him and followed this guide.

went 11/6/12

AWESOME thank you very useful!!

i didnt bother with banshee viel or sunfire cape. instead got BF sword and brutilzer, i was owning faces

Supreme1337

03-20-2010

Some people here are saying that Udyr is **** but I think that's not true at all. I've been playing with him for a while and I get lots of kills, and tend to win more than to lose.

Also I agree with the build. I always go for attack speed, and then I add in some CD reduction. The items I use aren't exactly the same, but they are similar. I'm glad someone is writing guides for Udyr, because there are very few out there.

TheMagnificent

03-22-2010

I dont know why people come on this thread just to bash udyr.

Firstly, if you get owned with him its because you have no skill. He's much harder to use than teemo or ashe yes, but just as viable.

Secondly why are you even reading this if you dont plan to play him?

neurotoxicity

03-22-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMagnificent View Post
Much more effective is going for a physical nuke. Turtle blocks their harass, bear gets you there, and tiger does 2.5 your dmg. Infinity edge+phantom dancers+runes makes 50-60% crit chance at 250%. So thats 200 atk power hitting as a 2 second DoT for x5 damage, every two seconds or so. With a last whisper thrown in it can almost kill ashe/twitch in one hit.

Does the initial tiger active attack crit? I usually ignore tiger for the most part, but I have always wondered about a crit build for udyr. I always was hesitant b/c of the 3x hit passive of tiger, which severely diminishes the potency of crits, but if that first damage multiplier can crit than it might be worthwhile to consider

TheBuga

03-22-2010

I love to play udyr,, but i was seeing this week, tiger just dont work anymore.

It dont process, i dont know if i saw it wrong, but it isnt processing.
So now, we have to go phoenix, but i prefer to go tiger when i'm udyr.

Lynxion

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-28-2010

I was actually going to use this, but then I saw Malady.

blackmartin

07-01-2010

updated

HardStyl3

Recruiter

07-18-2010

i took this build added a lantern to the build and jungled from lvl 1 start and have done very welli still disagree with getting bezerkers.

kyoryukaku

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-23-2010

well, udyr is free this week, i tried your build in last match and...woot 19/2/5 in last match with a total of 29 kills the whole team, nice guide, i had tried before by maxing tiger but it didn't work well hehe, the only part i would disagree is getting the sunfire cape, i'll give it a try and then 'll comment how did it go.

nice guide bro ^^