Starks vs mal(situational)

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ScrumRuck

08-27-2010

Ok so I know starks > malady but if a carry already has starks is malady viable on an olaf or another auto attacker?

Also I am new to Olaf but I see slot of people getting zerkers greaves on him. Viable? I think I would still prefer mercs and rely less on auto attacks.

Sry for poor grammar on iphonze

Drey Malic

08-27-2010

Vicious Strikes + Bloodthirster + some sort of crit chance item = Amazing

peyo

08-27-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScrumRuck View Post
Ok so I know starks > malady but if a carry already has starks is malady viable on an olaf or another auto attacker?

Also I am new to Olaf but I see slot of people getting zerkers greaves on him. Viable? I think I would still prefer mercs and rely less on auto attacks.

Sry for poor grammar on iphonze
when you get stark's, you'll both benefit from 2 auras and so will enemies.
that's badass.

malady sucks

CrazyCranium

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

08-27-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by peyo View Post
when you get stark's, you'll both benefit from 2 auras and so will enemies.
that's badass.

malady sucks
The two holders get the aura effect twice, but the enemy team will only get the debuff once.

Lunarez

08-27-2010

if you're going for a malady, i recommend you for a frozen mallet instead. for more dmg with Vicious Strike and some survival ability. And it'll make you easier to chase your target when you're not a quite good with Undertow.

And if you don't need mallet, I still think that Wriggle's Lantern still get over malady, anyway

For the aura, the wielder of stark will get 2 stance of them if there's another champ hold stark nearby. However, the other players (both your team and enemies) still take only 1 aura at a time

Slide

08-27-2010

My comments arent aimed at olaf specifically. Ive only played him a couple times so take it as you will.

As far as Malady VS Starks late game when your carry already has a starks, its still more efficient to buy starks. After all, your carry can be affected by both their and your auras from starks.

Doesnt take much to see that Starks on you + carry is better then malady on you.

Cheers!

Keyaithewarrior

08-27-2010

Malady is bad. Period. It doesn't matter if starks is a "more efficient" item. The problem with getting a Malady isn't that you didn't get starks. The problem with Malady is that it is a terrible item. I'm really not sure why people try to justify this item. Really, its terrible.