Champion rotation in normal mode

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Stillhart

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-09-2010

As I play more and start to get better at noticing the small details, I get these revelations. They may seem obvious to experts but I feel all amazed when I notice a something that wasn't immediately obvious before. Here's what slowly dawned on me last week and turned into a revelation last night:

When you see someone playing a character who's free that week, there's a VERY good chance they will suck. I can usually tell if I'll win or lose a game at the loading screen just by counting the number of free champs on each team. For instance, last week was full of fail Mundos and Gangplanks. This week it's Rammuses and Akalis, etc. On a normal week, Akali and/or Rammus on a team is a bad sign. This week, it makes me smile.

My point is, everyone is bad when they play new champs! Don't feel like you're the only one who's ever played a new champ before and therefore will be the only person learning on your team. Recognize that this happens all the time and accept it and move on. Like R66Y said, tell them you're new with that champ and if they rag on you, use /ignore.

And for bonus points, try picking on free champ players on the other team for easy kills.

Skeleton Jáck

11-14-2010

It seems to me that they could bake an option into the matchmaking system where you tell the game what your first and second choice toons would be. And then the ELO system could attempt to adjust the team makeups in order to put people who have the same choices on different teams if possible (good balance). This would in no way guarantee your pick. You'd still have to manually click on the toon in the game once in. But it would be a quality of life feature that would make players happy.

Burbinator

11-14-2010

Matchmaking has enough problems as it is without adding more complicated variables.

Panzerfaust

Emissary of the League

11-14-2010

Not a good idea, what Burb said, but also you shouldn't be picking champions without paying attention to your team. One of the things that annoys me the most, is that player who grabs their champion and locks in immediately, and then complains end game when there wasn't a viable tank, support, beef, or 1v2 to help them carry the game. Make sure your team knows if you would like to jungle, and let them know early.

Seems to me this topic was dredged up from the past, and the OP already had his questions answered (or left it alone at least), let it die?