Champion rotation in normal mode

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

WOWZERS5

11-08-2010

This is something I've been wondering about for a few days. I dont know how it is in ranked mode, but why are people allowed to play the free rotation champs in the normal mode? It would make more sense to me to just allow the champions that you have unlocked with ip or rp to fight in those, that being normal and you actually own that champion.

Most of the reason for the rotation is to try out new champions before you buy, but in that case why isnt it limited to just custom games and practice? I know that would bring a problem with new players, but couldnt they be given a choice on a 450 ip champ to start with?

There may be a completely simple reason behind it, but it's aggravating when a champion that I have bought is taken by someone else who has not bought them just because I cant click on the portrait fast enough.

Another thought, while not addressing the whole post, a possible fix I think would be if someone picks a champion on the rotation, but then another player picks that same champ and they do actually own it, the second player would be allowed to play as that champion since they have actually spent ip or possibly even real money on that champion.

Stillhart

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-08-2010

I like your last idea there.

I had the same problem when Xin was free but I just gave up on it. If noobs are gonna be trying my guy, I might as well try a new character too. It's only for a week and who know, you might find someone you like!

CptSeaCow

11-08-2010

While I agree with you that it is irritating to have your favorite champion picked learning new champions is quite as fun. One way to deal with the issue of wanting to play your favorite champion is to know where your hero is (alphabetically organized) in location to other heroes. If people were never allowed to try new heroes than how would they know if they were fun to play? Though I do like the option of starting with one of the 450 IP champs

WebOFSpiderMan

11-08-2010

sounds like qq because for a week your champ might get picked.. T_T

CptSeaCow

11-08-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by PunyParker View Post
sounds like qq because for a week your champ might get picked.. T_T
How is this beneficial to new players? A person wants to play their character and is slightly depressed that other are playing it, and propose a way that they feel would allow people who purchased that hero to get priority. Do I agree not really but that comment was uncalled for and is beneficial in no way.

Panzerfaust

Emissary of the League

11-08-2010

What happens if you 'overpick' when they have 10s left to pick? What if they locked in? What if they picked and went afk real quick knowing they have at least a minute to get back?

Free champions are free so people can try them out. There are a lot more than 10 champions out now, and the higher priced champions aren't free as often. Learn to play more than one champion and realize you won't be getting to play your champion as much during free weeks. Alternatively, ask the player if you can play them, since you were really looking forward to playing them. (Or play with an arranged team.)

Le Phuong Thanh

11-09-2010

Also, how do you know they haven't bought it as well? Poppy was the first character I unlocked and now she's free, but if someone picks her I just choose someone else.

I like the free rotations because several characters I was thinking about unlocking are free this week, so I get to try them before I invest my 3150 or however much IP....

ac3y

11-09-2010

Deal. With. It.
See this as an opportunity to learn a new champ!

WOWZERS5

11-09-2010

This appears to have gotten mixed responses.. helpful and dumb.. at any rate, I was just curious. The problem with just learning a new champ is if you are even in normal mode where losses dont count, if you are forced to try a new champion and dont do well, you will be harassed and blamed for the entire teams loss.

It may be easily said to ignore it and keep playing, but to new players like myself it can be the difference between continuing or quitting to play something where the community base is a bit more friendly and inviting..

R66Y

11-09-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by WOWZERS5 View Post
This appears to have gotten mixed responses.. helpful and dumb.. at any rate, I was just curious. The problem with just learning a new champ is if you are even in normal mode where losses dont count, if you are forced to try a new champion and dont do well, you will be harassed and blamed for the entire teams loss.

It may be easily said to ignore it and keep playing, but to new players like myself it can be the difference between continuing or quitting to play something where the community base is a bit more friendly and inviting..
If you want to be a decent player you need to know more than one champ anyways. What do you do if someone picks the same type of champ you play? At the least, you should have a DPS/Support/Tank in your stable of "champs I am decent with".

As far as being worried about being forced to play a new champ, just tell your team that you are new to the champ. If they dodge you, great, you have another chance at your favorite in the next game. If not, they can't say you didn't warn them. Also, if you think you are going to find a warm and fuzzy community where no one ever rages or acts like a **** towards you, good luck. It may have its share of issues, but the LoL community is as good as most out there and better than many.