Lag Issues with Mac Client

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

int3r4ct

11-08-2010

Every game I try to play I hover around 3k-4k ms delay. Is this just a problem with my internet or the Mac Beta Client? If it's just me (which it probably is) is there any way to fix it without getting a new internet? (I live on campus at university so I can't just get another internet)

Feyph

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-08-2010

I've also had issues with lag, while also being on a campus. I had noted this out before, and normally i would point the blame at the university connection, but the problem is the lack of consistency. At times i would not lag at all, at other times, i suffer from lag that causes a 5 second delay between a click and response.

sciyth

11-08-2010

it could be the number of users on the campus internet at the time or the number of users on LoL. To many users does cause lag and if you combine both of the users on the campus and Lol your going to get a problem. not sure how to help.

BabyDiperGravy

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-08-2010

no the mac client has a lag issue since the new patch hopefully it gets fixed in the next patch

int3r4ct

11-08-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by sciyth View Post
it could be the number of users on the campus internet at the time or the number of users on LoL. To many users does cause lag and if you combine both of the users on the campus and Lol your going to get a problem. not sure how to help.
I go to a very small university, not more than around 5,000 people, so I don't think it's the number of users on the internet, thought it could be.

sciyth

11-09-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by int3r4ct View Post
I go to a very small university, not more than around 5,000 people, so I don't think it's the number of users on the internet, thought it could be.
what i mean is the amount of users on the one university internet source. So a campus with 5000 people could have 5000 computers all connected to the internet through just one source. I'm not saying the internet itself is laggy, but do to heavy traffic the university's server may be lagging.

as for mac lag issues, i've experienced some nut never so bad that i couldn't play.

CharlieTeutonic

11-09-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by sciyth View Post
what i mean is the amount of users on the one university internet source. So a campus with 5000 people could have 5000 computers all connected to the internet through just one source.
Probably more. Just think. Your computer is competing with the students of the university, the professor's computers, the administration office's computers, the dining hall computers, classroom computers, people's wifi phone's/iPods, etc etc on and on. And even if you don't live on campus, your network could still be affected by the HUGE load a university puts on the lines.

Feyph

11-09-2010

However, in my case, the lag started appearing a couple patches ago. Didn't really have that problem before. Also, all my other games do not lag at all, unlike LoL, making me believe that although the problem comes from congestion of college servers, some of the problem does come from the client itself.

sciyth

11-09-2010

In that case it may be that as the game has gotten bigger and has more "things" going on during play. Not much that you can do for that as far as I can think of. Maybe playing on the lowest settings will help. also you need to add on the fact that most macs are having some sort of lag issue. Unfortunately for right now using a Mac is causing some lag before during and after gameplay. Maybe a mod or someone more tech savy can help