vi tips?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Dnote

04-07-2013

i just got her.
i'm not bad playing her, but i feel my gear choice isn't up to par

what are common builds for her? (jungling)

Sailangel

04-08-2013

Ok so here's my current vi build:
Runes: AD Quints, 6 AD Marks, 3 Attack Speed Marks, Armor Seals, and Scaling MR glyphs.
Masteries I run a basic 21/9/0 for jungling
Items, the main part:
Start with the usual machete and 5 health pots, you may want to build wriggles, but sell it late game because they are better items to get.
I like Ninja Tabi for boots, it gets her naturally tanky.
Black Cleaver, good for AD and sustain in fights and that passive...
Locket of the Iron Solari, great for team fights with that active and also gives you some health and armor.
Warmogs or Randuin's Omen
Warmogs will just give you crazy health and make you unkillable in team fights. I like Randuin's Omen for chasing down that adc that go away.

Other items I like on her: Frozen Mallet, Runic Bulwark, and Sunfire Cape.

Armstice

04-08-2013

Really simple, like almost every jungler now. You rush right into bulwark and other items that give health/resistances. You don't need to look for damage till your 5th or 6th slot unless you are carrying hard and think you can end the game early.

Vi has a lot of natural damage, you waste a lot of gold by rushing early damage items making it harder to survive the damage you need to be truely effective mid/late game.

Lulu Our Goddess

04-08-2013

Vi is currently one of the best anti-tanks in the game and she escales so good on late game, I would suggest this:

This works both for top lane and jungle, ofc, you start with machete + 5 potions on jungle:

Boots of Swiftness (reduced slows make your Q quite faster), Black Cleaver (she gets so much armor reduction), Frozen Mallet and lastly Ravenous Hydra, after core you can get infinity edge and warmogs for being a real anti-tank, if the game goes really long, i would suggest changing black cleaver for last whisper and you could change the boots for zephyr, it's a good item overall...

Ok, in terms of gameplay, you have that amazing escape but early game it has a really high cooldown, so I suggest you playing rather careful.

What to spell to get early?, well if you know you're going to get ganked or you'll be in trouble because of a high burst, get Q, if you know you can kind of hold your lane and have no problems, get W, still wait until you are lv 2 so you can actually start doing damage, dont get E early trust me.

Q if you're jungling you must be smart to save it for a chase or for escape, the best you can do is bait your Q to enemies, like showing you're going to recall somewhere, and also, always use Q on a bush, it just really surprises the enemy.

Whenever you're going to ult, it has to be on the squishy, Vi is one of the hardest champions to counter when she's engaging, only think that can save you from it is Hourglass, nothing else.

Demon Sentinel

04-08-2013

I use 9/21/0 masteries on Vi. For build, I get merc treads/ninja tabis, black cleaver, tri force, warmogs, randuins/bulwark/thronmail. For jungle item i get elder lizard, helps mana regen so i dont need blue buff after the first, and your E burns everyone. I max R>E>Q>W, start with W. For ganks, dont initiate with Q if you dont have to, if they flash or CC you when your coming at them, then use Q to catch them.