Bad experiences

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

montyElGato

04-07-2013

I've been playing lots of Kha'Zix mid lately, since I just bought him. And I've been doing quite well. I HATE the bronze ladder. Maybe people can say I belong there; but please go look at my KDA ratios: http://www.lolking.net/summoner/na/36848342#history

I spend easily over 1000g per game on wards, too. But my team says stuff like, "It's not my job to buy wards." when I ask them to also do so. They AFK, do poorly, ***attack the enemy tanks instead of their carries****.

This is just a rant. I'm doing well, and I can't stand the fact that my rating has to be tied to the performance of others, because I want to get into games where people are actually playing to win, and not acting like they've got a serious mental handicap.

Elo hell, or whatever. I don't know what else I can do. My avg KDA with this champion is like 9/3/7 or something like that, and I ward and help other lanes, and STILL have tons of losses. Losses with records like 12/5/17 and 19/8/9 and 11/1/8. Those all include warding like an insane mother****er and helping other lanes. What else can I do? What? I want to play with people who care about winning, who are decent and good~!!!

montyElGato

04-07-2013

Bump. Sympathize with me.

VelSinte

04-07-2013

It's good that you're warding!
But um idk, I'm in bronze as well but the game isn't won by kills... it's won by objectives. If you can use your positive KDA as a way to get your teammates to listen to you somehow, you can make the calls and lead them. Adc farming bot? Go Baron.
Jungler farming top? Get Drake.
Enemy pushing top? Just push mid.
Etc. etc. That's all I've got since you're doing your best. I'm stuck in the same situation except I can get my teammates to also buy wards lol. Stay positive and gl in solo q! :P

montyElGato

04-07-2013

I get that. I think every time past his spawn, when we kill 2+ of the enemy, we should Baron. But I ping it, and tell people in chat, and they say stuff like, "Too early."

People in Bronze think that the Baron is only for the end of the game, after you get an ace, to close the deal. They're retarded. And they never come to "pings".

To the majority of them, killing a bunch of the enemy team means: "Oooohhhhhh, noice! Nowz I can farm in peace forz a whilez, haaaaa~!"

People just don't come to "pings". And they don't listen in chat. I'm not sure what to do. The Dragon is the same thing. I regularly solo it, because it's important to get, but people just don't come when you try to get them to. They'd almost always rather farm.

SeCKS Egai

04-08-2013

You have to adapt to your teammates. Some games can't be salvaged, but for the most part you should be able to give your team the edge they need to win.

Warding is good, just make sure you don't over do it and slow your build too much.

Timammoth

04-08-2013

After all its a team game. Just have to get used to it. There are "bad players" in every skill bracket. Some that get lucky and don't belong there. Also score doesn't always mean everything. Objectives are more important if u give up a kill in exchange for a tower that is worth.

Tepin

04-08-2013

You must psych out your teammates a lot of the time to get them to follow you. Be really friendly during laning phase, compliment them whenever you can. A persons ego will often convince them that you are smart if you make a few positive comments about their play, so take advantage of it!

Jujiro85

04-08-2013

I find it easier to lead a team If I play something big and tanky. For some reason people tend to follow a round a big lumber hard to kill champion that's on a killing rampage. I usually play stuff like Jarvan, Volibear , VI . Anything that can be made tanky while dishing out a lot of damage.

I haven't really had much luck with kha zix since he tends to rly more on the team to initiate and set up fights so he can hop on to their carries and destroy stuff, but that's just my experience with him.

montyElGato

04-08-2013

Thanks for the suggestions

Playing something tanky is probably a good idea. In Bronze, the team with the most HP is usually the team that wins, sadly... because people will attack and focus tanks even after being told repeatedly to stop doing so. (Also because people will not often deviate from their cookie cutter build and adapt to an HP/ resistance-stacking opponent.)

Re: the objectives thing, I do make a point of trying to take those. Dragons and Barons especially. And if you looked at the LoLKing history I linked (should still be relevant at the time of this post), you'd see that I wasn't really sacrificing my build for the wards . I just posted this thread out of frustration, because I want to play this game competitively and stuff, but even constantly warding, trying for objectives, and having wonderful scores at the same time doesn't seem to cut it. Between AFKs and bad players, Bronze is just a hard place to get out of.

The AFK thing really is annoying, as everyone knows. I don't see how a rating system can make no allowances for scenarios where you're 4v5 right from start to finish. And it happens ALOT. I'd say at least 1/10 games for me are 4v5 the whole way, and maybe 1/5 where at least one person is AFK for a significant period of time but not the whole match.

zemdu

04-08-2013

Here's the thing. If you're the one on your team with all of the kills and the gold, you need to be the one who wins the team fights. You absolutely cannot depend on your team to win the team fights without you, since you're the one with the gold.

Also, when you're the strongest on your team, it's really important not to get caught out of position, since then in a 4v5 the rest of your team will get demolished.

TLDR: the more fed you are the more you need to be the one to carry the game, and the most important it is that you don't get caught since your death cripples your whole team.