Such an overused term, but Elo Hell still very much exists.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

MLSxDumpster

04-07-2013

Hi, I started playing ranked a little ways back and since I started things have been alright, a few wins here, a few losses here, normal stuff, nothing like I am winning every match or losing every single game. In the past few weeks I have found myself in a hole that can only be described as the ever so overused term, Elo Hell. Go ahead, call me a noob, or say that I am just bad or something but realize that I, in all honesty to god, do well just about every game nowadays, and yet, I find myself plopped on teams full of players that cannot hold a lane, people who troll deliberately, in fact, yesterday I played a game where someone decided to go ADC garen, and in general, I never seem to get put with players even that of my own skill level, always people who cannot play well, and that drags me down too and prevents me from doing well, as well. The reason I bring this up is because I am ambitious. I want to play to the best of my ability and one day hit the better tiers and divisions. I already play more than well enough for my division, which has slowly been getting worse and worse, and now I have been demoted to bronze 5 from my peak of Bronze 3 a few weeks ago. I want to get better, and I want to play with players that also seek good teamwork and seek good fun in the same game, but all I find is a bunch of flaming players who yell at one another before one has yet to even make a mistake and start flaming before the game even starts. I really want to get out of this hell, and I hope this forum can give me tips how to get out of this unfortunate sinkhole, and really, all help is much appreciated. No I am not interested in boosting, I just want to get set on the path out of hell and be able to play and enjoy the game to it's fullest.
Please, keep flaming to a minimum, I know the idea of Elo Hell is just a myth and people always say if you are in elo hell, you are a part of the problem, but if you are able to see the great efforts I go through to get better, and allow my team to win, as well as my general performance in game, it will tell you that Elo Hell is not a term used by scrubs trying to act tough or better than they are, it's a real thing that needs to be overcome by some unlucky few.

Thank for your time, and all help is muchly appreciated.

Rosy

04-07-2013

Yeah, everyone gets the trolls, which is how you should think of it. It isn't just YOU only getting the trolls, the other team has them as well. You have 4 team mates, four possible chances of getting a troll. The other team has 5 possible chances of getting a troll. As long as you are a good player, you should be winning more, and the other team should be getting more trolls/bad players then you do.

MLSxDumpster

04-07-2013

Thats the thing though, it's not just trolls, it's trolls mixed in with players that either flame, or players that can not hold a lane, even with help of a camping jungler. It's the three of those combined that cause it, not just trolls. Idk about later tiers and whatnot, but flamers are very common down here, and quite frankly, not getting one is rare, and the winning team might have one too, but there will always be that one team who does bad simply because they have more trolls/flamers/awful players. Bronze is a tier of luck, not skill.

withsomeluck

04-07-2013

Yes, the problem IS that everyone gets them. This game is supposed to be fun. If we play it in a ranked setting we should play with other people willing and capable of playing. If they rage, cannot understand what they're doing wrong when they facecheck or feed 3 or more times against a solo lane in 10 minutes and blame others, cannot ward etc. All of that is bad but the outright trolls or the poeple who just give up...I mean we should NOT have to deal with this nonsense. It's not worth wasting hours of time on it. If you get unlucky you can get stuck in 7 in a row or more. At 30-45 minutes per game that's just ridiculous.

MLSxDumpster

04-07-2013

Ridiculous is a good word to use. I am not even whining becuase it's unfair though, I am whining becuase I want to get better, and being stuck with people who belong in this tier/division and its surrounding areas will not get me better, yet I am stuck with people every game that drag me down. Any advice on how to get out of the Elo Hell anyone?

VelSinte

04-07-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by MLSxDumpster View Post
Ridiculous is a good word to use. I am not even whining becuase it's unfair though, I am whining becuase I want to get better, and being stuck with people who belong in this tier/division and its surrounding areas will not get me better, yet I am stuck with people every game that drag me down. Any advice on how to get out of the Elo Hell anyone?
Let me know when you find out.

Gunhaver

04-07-2013

Right there with you. I know I'm in Bronze because I'm frankly not great at the game. I win my lanes most of the time and then get perma camped by the jungler. Which is why I've taken to jungling at every opportunity. Honestly it's a good way to help every lane and help carry the team.

Omicron Austin

04-08-2013

A common misconception is that if you win lane often, you're better than everybody.

If you find yourself winning lane often but still in Bronze V, you've probably got a major weakness in your mid or lategame play.

Pania

04-08-2013

Well, here is a solution, not to come off mean or foul, I hope, but a few of you seem to be in the same situation, but say your doing good and get stuff with trolls, flamers, and people who suck at laning. Well, How about you make a ranked team together and practice as a unit, and get yourselves out of Bronze Tier. Just my two cents, and possibly a solution to your dilemma.

Capt Carmine

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-08-2013

you should check out eloheaven, its a site where a bunch of people can find a team, and you can practice with people who are gold or higher.

Honestly though elo hell is a very deceptive term, if you were really a silver level player or higher you would get fed off your ass every single game and win a huge percentage of games,

but if your a higher bronze player and your real skill lvl is around bronze 2, than its hard 2 win games games because your percentage of carrying is really not that high.

Good luck though